• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen one of these rear PTO reverser and converter?

61635.jpg

Bruce:
I have both. I like the digital for tracing circuits because of the audible continuity checking ability. I like the analog for accuracy in voltage and resistance due to zeroing ability. Don't always trust the digital. They do read relatively close.

Chasing the wiring on a 782 I got in last week. PO was a church that had multple users...no maintenance..just pour gas in run till it stopped and put in more gas! Check oil...what is that? Air up tires...can't get to local CS to get air from $0.50 air machine, just run them as is!

KENtucky, yep, 0(zero) ohms means a CLOSED circuit, no resistance. Infinite ohms means OPEN circuit, LOTS of resistance for instance "1 Billion" (said in a Dr Evil voice) ohms.
happy.gif

61637.jpg

Bruce:

Zero Ohms does NOT mean no ohms.
Zero ohms is less then .01 ohms. Zero Ohms indicate 100% continuity with NO resistance loss. Infinity is
a billion ohms (or NO ohms).

Bruce,
You are correct. OHM's is a measurement of resistance. The lower the number the less the resistance. The higher the number the higher the resistance. The lowest resistance reading is zero, and the highest resistance reading is infinity. Infinity is typically shown as a single 1 on the left side of a digital meter. If you are using a analog meter first turn it on with the wires apart and not touching anything. The reading on the meter is infinity. Touch the leads together and the reading should be zero. If not adjust the zero pot until it is.

The real question is which direction does the current low?
biggrin.gif

Terry, I assume you mean flow, and that is a whole different can of worms that you don't want to open.
bottom.gif
roflol.gif

Everything checks out, 27 volts AC coming from the engine alternater, good continuity through the alternator winding, just not getting anything above battery voltage from the B+ to ground. Now the big question, whar is the part number for this solid state regulater and where do I find one?
Thanks!

Larry, click on the "Parts Lookup" button above then enter in the model Cub Cadet for which you are looking for the part, then click on "Illustrated Parts Lists" and then select "Ignition & Starting" and look at the drawing and/or through the list for the regulator. For instance from the list for a 1450 the regulator is PN KH-25-755-03. Not sure what model you are working on. One of the other buttons above should take you to a website that will have the parts you need.

Latest posts

Back