• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wyatt, yes, NLA!
angry.gif
However, Madson's can regrind a cam to the K361 specs. That's what I had to have done to the cam for the Killer Kohler™ that David Kirk is building for me.

yep. went NLA about a year ago.Julian bought up every onehe could get ahold of at that time. think he had over 100 back then.

Kirk. if you have 24 hp you should be able to pull at least a 19 at 1050? tell me a bit more about this thing. are you running stock rpms?, turf or bar tires? what brand?
I had a 14 that dynoed at 20. it ran at 3800 & I could pull a 18t pretty much all the time with cut firestone 26x12x12 ags

KRAIG - Dave doesn't have that engine done yet? I can't say much....only took Me about 3-1/2 yrs to finish up the engine I bought from Don!

I'm getting "PRESSURED" at Home to try to accelerate the 10 HP Version of the Killer Kohler for Son in the 70/100. It'll get several of the Mod's but the K361 cam wasn't part of the plan. The engine has only been on the stand a month.

Denny, Dave has had some more pressing things come up and my engine was not a priority, I told him no rush as I didn't need it. Actually I'm not ready to get it back yet anyway, I've been too busy to get a chassis ready for it. However, it is getting closer to being done.
happy.gif

Horray!

My family finally had our first Garden tractor pull run with 100% of our own equipment.

We have been running the Garden tractor pulls at the St. Charles Co. Fair in Wenztville, MO for years. We have always had to farm out the sled and scale to Millers.

We decided it was time go at it alone. With the help of Sponsors and friends, we found, built, and bought our own weight transfer sled, weight scale, booth area, PA system, etc..

We had over 40 tractors show up to run in 4 classes. 900#-up tp 8hp, 1000#-up to 16hp, 1100#-up to 8hp, 1200#- up to 16hp. We also have other classes like: Stock class; that requires turf tires and mower decks to remain attached. And Unlimited: Any motorcyle/garden tractor style engines. Multiple engine are ok, unlimited class is restricted by tire size, weight, and wheel base only.

It's only 5$ per classes to pull. Kids are welcome! (8 yrs and up) Parents can walk next to the tractors to help guide the little ones. We had 9yr old girls kickin' butt on dads tractor!

But any ways. It was very successful! We will be holding another pull in Sept in Portage Des Souix MO. at the Chili Cook-off. Let me know if any wants any more info.

KRAIG - If Your K301 runs like My K321 it'll be worth the wait! Dave's problem is the same as mine, He commutes to work over an HOUR each way every day.

OK, so I've found that thanks to my years of procrastination, I missed the boat on the K361 cam. Now I'm pretty much limited to a reground cam from Vogel's (assuming they're the only game in town for regrinds retaining the ACR). Now that I'm not confined to the lift and duration of a K361 cam, running a long rod, stock size valves with, good porting, an LP head, .030 overbore, stock stroke, a straight pipe, and about 4000 RPM, what's the ideal cam to have???

Wyatt, one other option, check with Chris Westfall, he's a forum sponsor, there's a good chance he may have one.

WYATT - You've got stiffer than stock valve springs don't you? I'd run as much lift as You can. And depending on how much low end You want to give up don't add much duration. The K361 cam with the #30 carb seems to make a real nice combination. Mine seems to pull down to a point then something's going to give! PTO clutch, axle, trans top shaft, tire spin. Running the lawn vac several weeks ago the mower discharge plugged with damp grass and the governor started surging while it was slipping the PTO clutch! My old 129 would slip a belt occasionally but never the clutch! Granted the clutch may not be 100% but it sure isn't toast and it sure brought the K241 to it's knees without complaint!

A guy broke into my shop yesterday morning. guess he didn't know I had off. Anyway he had a pretty shocked look on his face when I found him hiding under my desk. He's sitting in the Fond du Lac county jail now.

Denny-
I have a reworked KT17 carb (reworked by Don), and am open to what's recommended on valve springs. Running the lift numbers on the K361 cam, I figured with new springs for a stock engine with valve rotators, I could run them without rotators with the K361 cam. I'd have less seat pressure than stock, but my numbers say that I'd be far from floating the valves.

Don-
Good catch! I wonder if he realized he was in a shop equipped with enough power to draw & quarter criminals!

Holy cow Don! I hope you were holding a nice 357 whenyou found him. I'm not sure I would know what to do after I found him.

Pin him to the ground with my knee and pray the cops get there fast?

I think I need to get a tazer. A few hits of that ought to lay down any would-be thiefs to my home and garage.

WYATT - I thought the K361 cam was the same lift as the K241/301/321 just longer duration. I just reused My stock springs & rotators with a new exh. valve and cam followers. Tough getting the new exh. valve because the Parts Guy kept trying to give Me an intake valve after I said it was the same size as the intake! The Guy behind the counter didn't argue when I showed up to pick the valve & lifters up. Maybe He read the manual!

DON -
thumbsup.gif
I've heard of a couple attempted or actual break-in's in the last 2-3 days. I think I'm going to start shopping for an alarm for My house & shop!

Don, your timing was good! Glad to hear the crook is behind bars!
thumbsup.gif

It'll be nice when I get the new shop done & moved in. then I don't have to worry as much. right now the parts are in the loft of the new shop and I'm still working out of the old shop

Here are some pictures of a 70 cube turbo diesel we are building
63479.jpg

63480.jpg

Been tweaking on the motor but a lot of pieces/parts yet before it goes down the track. Plan on having it at a few of the winter pulls. Had it to a few fairs and pulls to display and draw interest in the class.

Latest posts

Back