• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcaldwell

displayname
Michael Caldwell
I think I got archived so Ill post them again.
61459.jpg

61460.jpg

61461.jpg

61462.jpg

Question?????? What are you guys using on asphalt-- tire and size. The Cub Cadet tires (off of my previous 1863 23X10.5X12's) just spun no traction at all.

90% of my pulling is dead weight with the 10hp Cub 1000 the motor is very strong. My first pull was not any fun 3200 lbs in the boat, tractor weighing 1165lbs and didn't even budge it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pops

We've been pulling on asphalt quite a bit for 10 years, seen and tried everything you can think of. 24-12-12 4 ply Carlisle Turf Master on 12 inch rims are the best all around.

Are slicks legal on asphalt?? I'm thinking some wrinkle wall jobs would be best
bouncy.gif

Hi all i have my next pull comming up this saterday 7/07/07 in Scottville MI we pull dead weight itll be the first pull with the lighter front end and little tires on the front my question is there any thing other then transefering weight to worry about or are the little tires on the front more of a cosmetic thing on these small tractors

Darren: What I come to believe is the little tires are used to keep the front end lower to the ground then the stock wheels. Think of it as a folcrum. (leverage) The front end is going to naturally come up in the air so starting at a lower point helps balance the ratio to the rear wheels.

Pops

I just bought a set of Carlisle Super Lugs for a dirt pull next week. Do they ever look awsesome on my little stock 1000. I prefer dead weight mostly tho take a little more thinking in my mind and not as much money> LOL

Ben thanks for the idea behind the little tires
im still pretty new to pulling
ive only pulled the dead weight sled its a blast
i have a set of those Carlisle Super Lugs they work great

if you want to see some pull vidios go over to you tube & search garden tractor or Quarter scaler pulling.

Question: Saw an article couple years back about modifying a walbro carb for off idle stumble, can any one tell me which plug to pull to drill .030 progression hole for idle calibration. Thanks Jim

HI all i had a pull this past week end the little 124 held up pretty good i pulled in the 950# 1050 and 1150# classes i took all 2nd in all 3 classes there were 6 other tractors in the classes i got some picks ill get them loaded on tomarrow this pulling is pretty adicting and a lot of fun

I have a question about my "new to me" 20 plus year old Firestone Field and Road Floatation 23 degree ag tires.

My question is what pressure should I have these set at? 5 psi? less/more?

The rims these came on are 11" wide. I do believe I will be getting 12" wide Aluminum wheels for this by next year.

Last weekend at in the 950 pound Stock class we ran them at 7.5 psi and that was too much. So I lowered them to 5 psi, but we got rained out and we did not pull again.

Here's a picture of my son Andrew ready to pull.

63000.jpg

Vincent, I don't pull cubs, but I pull Mini-Rod Tractors and I always like to adjust my dirt pulling tires on the trailer. I like to leave them with outside edges just so they don't touch the trailer. I always figured that once they dig in the whole tire will be making solid contact. Just be careful not to get them to low, the centers will sink in and you will only be using the outside edges or if you are on a sticky pulling track with lots of grip, you may spin the wheel in the rim if the pressure is to low.

Good luck and I'm happy to see the youth of America Pulling.

Jason

You probably want to start out around 5 psi. you you can go up or down depending on the type of track you run on. you go to low and you get to much squat & that costs you drawbar, to much & you loose footprint.

hello im new to pulling and i was wondering what tires i should use on dirt i have 26-12-12 cub turf tires on now. the problem i have is we cant use any thing but turf style tires. is the a diffrent size or brand of tire i should use.the tractor is a cub 100 with a 10 horse dynod at 24.thank you for your time.

I haven't pulled a dirt track lawn tire class in close to 25 years at least. back then a Sears tire was the hot ticket. they had a tall lug & the space between the lug was wider than normal.

I have another ?. When I pull I seem like I need a gear in between 1st and 2nd. What are my options. 2nd ia just too high and first is way to much power. Can I just go to a smaller tire to finish the season. Would that help. In the 950lb class I can compete. But in 1050lb Im getting stomped. I just loose traction to soon. any help would be greatly appreceateed. My tractor is a cub 100 with a modifyed 10hp pushing 24hp. 26 12 12 tires and 8in tires in the front thank you for your time.

Kirk O. You probably have a later model 100 with a 19 tooth second gear, you could run smaller tires and possibly run in second, but you might be better off to find a 17 tooth second gear and install it when you get the chance.

I just checked the Midwest Super Cub website, I they're not carrying the K361 cam anymore. Is this cam discontinued?

Latest posts

Back