• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think with a story like that he'd at least have a PICTURE!...

I bet his mailbox is the only thing he doesn't have a picture of!

(Message edited by aaytay on June 23, 2004)

Nevermind...
19769.jpg

Art, I'm impressed you were able to find a couple of photos of it. I'll take an updated photo for you tonight. Until then here's another photo of it.
19773.jpg

Its funny what you can pick up in the background of photos people post!
biggrin.gif

What I really want to see is Kraig standing at the end of his driveway taking pictures of his mailbox!
roflol.gif

Art, I only have one digital camera. I could have Brenda take one with one of our old cameras but then I'll have to wait to use all the film, get it developed then scan it in, too much trouble. I could have her take a digital video then burn it to a DVD, too expensive and too much trouble. ;op

Is there another paper? Oh yeah the "enemy paper". My neighbor that has the F series Farmalls retired from the "enemy paper", but I think he has one of the orange boxes at the end of his driveway. I'll check when I'm out taking photos. :eek:)

Art, I found this in the background of one of your photos. :eek:)
19775.jpg

This was in the foreground, a JD guy on a Cub Cadet.
19776.jpg

Kraig -

As I read that post, Monty Python and the Holy Grail went thru my head...

Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!

Bryan, I think I need to plant some shrubbery around the mailbox. :eek:)

Given my similar issues (more with the speed plowing than vandals), you racing fans will appreciate that I generally describe my mailbox post as having more screws in it than Rick Mears' right foot. . .but plastic ended up being the way to go. . .bounces back more often than not.

On an on-topic note, I have decided that correctness be danged, I will be doing up Original #1158 as if the committee "went the other way," in red and white. I am therefore soliciting paint recommendations from those who like their tractors, regardless of size, red.

My 149 is missing when warm under an average load. Any advice?
Thanks, Herb

Herb-

Were your carb and governor adjusted/tuned while under load?

Herbert Gould
You might check FAQ 18, then if its been a long time since you did a tune up, new plug, new points and condensor.

You also might check that you don't have a build up of trash under the tin on the engine. If that gets blocked they tend to get hot real quick.

Since it is heat related I would save the carb for last.

Thanks for the pics Kraig
hmm i'll guess its num 1 please enliten me

Ben what a great find Congrats.I'm jealous

Wonder if someone can help us?

I just found this site and poked around a bit with the search engine, but can not find a reference to our problem.

My 11 year old neighbor boy has just recently gotten a cub cadet that was built in Nov 1975 -- serial number 569944. He is very interested in mechanical things -- as am I. I am trying to help him get it running and working. It seems to be running okay, but the mower deck lift system has some problem. It settles down to the lowest position after raising it. It will stay in the up position only if the engine is shut down immediately after raising the deck.

I assume there is a leak in either the spool valve or the lift cylinder. We don't have any manuals yet, and I have not torn anything apart to get to the lift cylinder or spool valve. I am wondering if this has been a common failure mode for these tractors? If so, what should I look at first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My neighbor boy loves to work on mechanical things -- and I love to help him.

Thanks

jim

ps. I have a JD 140 with mower, blade and blower, with 3 way hydralics. I hope that won't keep anyone from answering!!

Jim "S",
You've come to the right place!! Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm VERY sure someone will be able to help you out.

Back