• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David S., no special orientation, other than making sure the bend faces up, or down when the deck is upside down like you have it pictured. It's not a timed deck so the blades won't hit tip to tip. Not sure why the baffles are short. I would think that IH would have experimented to see what height was optimal, but ya never know.
dunno.gif

David S - once the high speed whirling blades cut the grass they lift the clipping up against the underside of the deck and the clippings follow the shape of the baffles all the way to the open end of the deck. Now, I'll bet the top of the bent curve of the blade is pretty close to the bottom edge of the baffle.

Also, the front lip of the deck is short so it doesn't knock the grass over before it contacts the blades. If you're experiencing grass clippings flying out and ending up on top of the deck you're likely driving the tractor to fast. Slow your ground speed down and I'll bet the clippings don't do that.

And in conclusion - having given you my complete and unbiased opinion of the CI end deck action - I wondered if you realized the CI end deck did not come as standard with a 104. I think it was last standard with either the 70/100 or possibly the 1x2/3 series. Kraig may have a flyer/brochure to confirm before you go back to the drawing board.
bash.gif

PS - I think the IH engineer that designed some parts of the deck may have gone to work with the same guy that worked on the pipe for the light bracket used on Originals - that Gerry mentioned (the guy sitting in the corner of the shop)
roflol.gif

Thank you Gerry!
I am glad I'm not the only one that thinks the headlight mount looks funny.
Feel a lot better about mine now.
Almost sure it is factory.

320972.jpg

Harry,
We'll just leep that a secret between you and me, OK??
And as for going to fast...in my yard???
No way! I'd have to install non standard seat belt then!!
err.gif

Lights on an Original would have been dealer or owner installed. I have no idea what the brackets looked like from a dealer install package.

Can a 782 handle a 12" Brinly plow? Or should I look for a 10"? I've got Ag tires that I plan to fill with fluid and it's a good runner. I can add more weight as needed. Landed the 12" from a friend for a good price.

782 will walk the dog with a 12"....even in hard IL black dirt....hook it up and go have fun!!

Say what you want about CI ended decks and spitting grass everywhere.......BUT, they will MOW GRASS.

I had a tuned 42" on a 12hp 100 that would cut grass in 2nd (19 tooth, fast 2nd) and leave a perfect finish. Grass flew everywhere, front, chute, sides.......but what a job!!!

Back