• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memorgan

displayname
Mick morgan
And that"s why they call him,
MR. Plow...
Shift.gif

err.gif

Hi guys, long time, no talk. I come to you today with a big fear.
I started up my 127 to mow the lawn this morning and it started smoking and shut down within 1 minute of running. I opened the hood and checked the oil to find that it was very low. I then added some oil and tried to start it but the engine seems to be locked up...the flywheel wont turn in either direction. HELP!

Christopher, does it turn over now that you have removed the spark plug? When it "shut down" did the engine coast to a stop or was it more like it stopped because it locked up, as in a sudden stop? Does the S/G try to turn over? How much oil did you need to add to bring it up to "full"?

Kraig,
No it does not turn over even with the spark plug out.
It coasted to a stop.
The starter generator still engages and spins but the pulley attached to the engine is stuck and wont allow the belt to spin.
I had to add roughly 1-1.5qt of SAE30 to get it up to a good operating level.

yeah......im an idiot. besides that being obvious now, do you have any other thoughts or suggestions for me?

Christopher Y.
Probably not going to do any good but!
You might try to turn the engine backwards just a little. I have seen them move and come loose by doing that.
Try a pipe wrench on the drive shaft from under the tractor.
If it moves just a little, wiggle it back and forth one way and the other, and you might get lucky.
thumbsup.gif

Christopher Y - we're hoping for the best for you.

All - Aaron Wilson joined the Forum after his recent acquisition of a Model 149. He sent me several pics to post for him. I had to re-size and rework them a little. The last one shows something I found in the corner of one.
320939.jpg

320940.jpg

320941.jpg

320942.jpg

320943.jpg

Nice 149, even has the tiller gearbox bracket and 3 point.

Chris, your engine is toast. My friend did that on his 102 and after another 5 minutes of run time after filling it up with oil and cooling off, ventilated the block. Pull the engine out and open it up. Or you may end up needing a new block.

Hi,
I just recently purchased a CC Original and am trying to look at what options that I would like to add to it. I have these lights that I had bought from an antique store years ago. I have been told that they are just like some on a Simplicity garden tractor. They even came with a mounting bar and the hardware for them. Can anyone tell me how close these are to the CC Original lights? Are they the same?
Thanks,
David
320955.jpg

320956.jpg

David, they are so close I doubt anyone would be able to tell a difference. Depending on where and how the wires come out of the housing. Can you post a photo of how the wires come out? How long is the mounting bolt? Do you have the clamp that attaches them to the mounting bracket? Do you have the mounting bracket? This might be useful, a link to the HEADLIGHT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Thanks for the responses. These are definitely NOT CC lights, then! The wire actually goes down through the mounting bolt. This is the entire set up as it was purchased together. The cloth bag is holding the hardware to fasten the bar.
David
320963.jpg

Those "O" headlight brackets..... I chuckle every time I see a pic of the one that looks like folded EMT. Was there a guy in the corner of the shop with a big vice to flatten it? Looks like something I'd come up with.
lazerburn.gif

Gerry,
happy.gif

David, I'd say close enough if you're just wanting lights. If you plan on showing it, be ready for the correct police to point them out.
correct police.gif

Hey Gerry - I'll bet there was a bicycle factory close to the IH factory, and IH bought their reject seat parts. That clamp and tube look just like the clamp that was used on my old bicycle where I adjusted the seat height. And the tube could just be flattened and bent either by the bicycle shop or that guy you saw sitting in the corner of the shop with the big vice
biggrin.gif
roflol.gif

Got a deck question or 2
I'm restoring a 38" CI end deck for the 104.

Do the blades (Thanks Charlie) get oriented any certain way before I tighten down the nuts?

Why did they make the baffles so short? They are onlt 1-1/4". The blades hang down below them and it seems to me they are worthless like that.

I made these for this project.

320966.jpg

Back