• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
coffee.gif

Leaving in a little while to pick up a $125 125, sight unseen. Advertised in our local SwapBuySell as 2 Cub Cadets for $200, when I called yesterday a guy was there to buy them, said he really just wanted the 104 and he'd sell the 125. Also got the K301 in a green tractor running yesterday. A Cub solenoid works just fine on Deere. Have a great day, yáll!
biggrin.gif

Roy N.,
In your quest for searching out PPM Zinc contents of various lubricants, if you happen to run across any info on what (ZDDP or active substitute compound) is in MMO as well as in the LUCAS HD Oil Stabilizer additive. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would be interested in getting the 411 (i.e., information) on it! Happy Hunting!
Shotgun.gif

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

RYAN - Okay, they are on my list. When I've got something to report, I'll post it.

Since I opened this can of worms.... I think the results will be: MMO = Zero ZDDP, ; Lucas - Don't really know, but if it had some I would expect them to market it as such.

RYAN - Kraig has about ten pic's to post tomorrow.

Dennis F.,
SWEET! I'll be watching & waiting for those 38" deck modification/improvement pictures!

Re: MMO or LUCAS, if no ZDDP, then I suspect that they have something else in them that they claim will offer the same or better protection against galling and "cam/lifter scuff" as ZDDP would have provided. Hmmmmmm......
Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Frank,
I'm jealous!
I don't think one of my questions got answered yesterday, so here it is again in a different way: Is a 71 light panel and a 122 light panel the same? (have the same part number)
1a_scratchhead.gif

Guys,
Was the rear PTO an option on the Original since day one? Would #15473 have come with one? The Danco creeper started later in 1961 as an option right? Also what color is correct for the Original deck all white or white with yellow guards, wheel supports and front plate that attaches to the tractor? Was the foot blade/ engager red or white?
Thank you!!

Roy and Dennis,
I am ignorant when it comes to oil properties. I do know that(not advertising for anyone,but...)Havoline 30wt is a good oil. My dad used it for as long as I can remember, and I have been using it for as long as I can remember. I use it in ALL my small engines and in my truck. My dad bought a 68' IH pickup new and it ran like a sewing machine until I traded it in in 87' on my current truck.(regret that till I die!
bottom.gif
) I now have a 87' S-10 with 230K miles on it and the motor has never been touched. I also have a snspper mower(8hp)that is around 26 years old and still runs great. The only problem is,finding Havoline 30wt is like finding chicken's teeth. When you guys find a super 30wt let me know so I can hopefully keep using the same stuff.
Shift.gif

Now, Marty, you know better than that! You already answered your own question! Same part number = same thing! Congrats on being familiar with the Parts Lookup!
beerchug.gif

Here she is:
192253.jpg

192254.jpg

I was just a bit too late to get both the 125 and the 104 for $200 and the 104 has a HYDRAULIC PUMP on it. Neither the guy selling nor the guy buying had a clue what one can sell for. So I told 'em. (Honesty being the best policy). Deals still can happen - do your homework and be there first with the bucks!
I'm going out to see if this old girl will even turn over, but notice the wheel weights. I'm pretty sure they're IH, mounted backwards? P.S. there's another set on the inside of the wheels.
smile.gif

PAUL A. - Yes, the rear Transmission driven PTO was an option on the '61 to '63 CC's. Not sure if it was available from the very start. And since it's so very rare on ANY CC from the LVL factory, I'd have to say serial # 15473 did NOT have one from the factory. Also not sure when the Danco creeper started, if I was going to have a '61/'63 CC it would have the M&W 9-speed over/under drive.

Think the '63 CC We had had a white eck with yellow pulley guards, the frt plate was also white since it too was an option. And the foot control pedal was also white, not red.

RYAN - We've discussed what's in MMO here before. I don't think they claim any extreme pressure protection or lubrication. I see all the Lucas products advertised on TV all the time. Seems like they make something for everything.

MARTY G. - Havoline is good oil, but I haven't seen it for sale in ages, then havn't been looking either. A '68 IHC pickup would have run a million miles But ONLY if you could put them all on in 3-4 yrs before the body rotted off the frame. They were built so much heavier than anything by Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. A lot of the neighbors had them when I grew up, sometimes the only thing IHC they owned.

Frank,
That's what I was asking, do they have the same part number? In the parts lookup they don't give a number,it just says NLA.

But Ken, that's just the decal. To keep Marty's question here, there might be a difference - something to do with a lip on the lower edge of the panel? Don't make me go find a 71 or 122! I really prefer my hydros.
P.S. Portage Lake (when I was a sprout) was kind of a major seaplane base. (Google us). Today I think a student pilot is doing touch and go's on the Lake. God, I love that sound!
smile.gif

PPS Just changed signiture.

Since I got back from a week of fishing in southern Ontario yesterday, I started on the 122 I got a couple weeks ago.

Since I'm having problems with the ignition ( Justin H. sent me a key but it doesn't want to slip in
1a_scratchhead.gif
) I unplugged the switch and Hot wired it. To activate the starter, I used a remote squeeze starter switch ( from my small block chevy days to bump the starter to set points )

It turned over nice without making any unusual noises.

I pulled off the air cleaner and I could get it to run a few seconds on ether
thumbsup_old.gif
I noticed that the inside of the carb was dry even with the choke full on.

I pulled off the sediment bowl and sitting int he bottom was some alien life form. Well not really, it was 10 year old gas that had turned into a mushy vanish ball.

Tomorrow the gas tank, carb, sediment bowl assembly and gas line all go in the parts washer at work.

Frank
Nice deal on the 125
beerchug.gif

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)

Nice find on the 125 with 2 sets of wheel weights!your some lucky as the weights are worth the price for the tractor
clappy.gif

We just got home from Camping with the 5th wheel,I had a big smile on my face because this is the first time out with the new torque plate installed. Hills that on cruse at the bottom at 65 mph would drop to 50 mph at the top.lol Today I passed another car and 5th wheel trailer at 70 mph up that same hill. The guy in the FORD was not very happy
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
. Maybe it was the smile and wave I gave him when I went by him.I had to read 3 days to catch up to all the posts.I took the lap top with but they did not have internet ( a must in the future lol).
I awoke Sat morning early (6.30 am) to see Mother and Father Canada geese and there 5 young feeding on the grass in our camp site just eight feet from the 5th wheel. That was a great site with my morning java watching them eat the grass and stroll around.Saw a beaver on the other bank and Fish jumping and thought of Kentuck and how he could enjoy this place called (Sunnyvale Campground) Have a great day I did. Don T
old.gif

Latest posts

Back