• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
I tried to make Joe proud today!
You talkin about a smooth quiet cuttin machine! It's great.
28651.jpg

28652.jpg

And guess what! I've not charged the battery yet! LOL

Scott Heckert,
Time and money is all that holdin ya back, go for it!
biggrin.gif

It all depends what material and tools you have to work with and how good your welder is.
I've found that modifying and existing bucket saves tons of time and money. Especially when they come with removable tines.
28654.jpg

Lisa,

Just set your multimeter on a DC voltage scale that will allow it to indicate a full 12-15 volts. I made a crude modification to the cub 106 diagram that Charlie posted, that shows the voltmeter connection as I described. The technique will allow safe, sure troubleshooting without anything burning up or any fuses blowing.

28657.jpg

Lisa,
If your tractor dont have lights, you dont have any need to hook a wire to the L post on the V/R.

Steve "B",
I hope you didn't dress Lil' Steve. Those boot must have been hotter the h---! Mybe those are his "Tractor drivin' shoes".
animatedIHbear.gif

I am sitting in my RV at a campground just south of Montgomery, AL. We are on our way to the Florida panhandle for a week. I am using my cell phone as an internet modem.

Scott Heckert,
The one arm design works fine. Look at my profile.

A co-worker told me about a red cub he saw this weekend. I went to look at it tonight. It was a 682 with a 44c deck. The tractor looked nice. It had 26-12 x 12 Dico ags on polished chrome rims on the rear, which one was flat. The deck had the front gauge wheels but he went and cut the rear gauge wheels off so it would clear the rear tires. He had replaced the engine with a K301. The only thing that turned me off was he tried to bs me in telling me it was a new engine with the long stroke crank in it which made it about 20 hp. I will say all the decals were on it like a new K301AQS but why would someone tear apart a new engine to put a different piston, rod and maybe new crank in it? The deck would have been really nice if he hadn't taken a torch to it. Worse yet, he said he still has the original tires for it plus a set of narrower ags. Some people will just ruin good equipment for laziness.

Wes,

Sounds like he made the 682 into a 582 of sorts. Though a 582 would have a 3 speed vs. a Hydro. Too bad about cuting up the deck, but that can be fixed.

It would be easy enough to put a 18Mag or biger in there.
proud.gif

Hows bout what must be an obvious question to some...What is the difference between a wide frame and a narrow frame. The tech at the cub dealer could not tell me and I don't have but one to compare it to(67' 122).
worthy.gif

Chad

A wide frame has a wider frame around the engine and a removable tunnel cover. There are other more subtle differences but those are the main ones.

Chad-122 is a narrow frame. Wide frames have removable tranny covers,narrow frames don't. There is a couple inch difference in the actual width of the frames,as measured at the front end.

I read some place that,
Narrow Frames are better.
angel.gif

Now everyone else has just read it too!
devil1.gif

Ted,
The K301 really did not bother me at all. Actually, he made a 1282 out of it. I know the deck could be fixed by cutting the rear gauge wheel brackets off a junk 44" deck. I'm sure Travis or Don has some laying around. But why did he cut them off to begin with when he had the rear tires and rims to put on the tractor without cutting it up. But when he told me it had a new, high output engine putting out 20 hp, he kind of pushed me to be stupid. And then he tells me it has the rear PTO. I must have been blind because I sure did not see it. It did have the cast rear end though. The wide rear tires and rims were extra if I wanted them. The unit did look nice but a little more than I wanted to spend.

Tom,

Those are his favorite "run thru the puddles" boots, he threw them on and ran outside when he heard me open the shed door!!!!

Lisa,

I think I described/showed the test lead polarity backwards (old memory cells). No worries, just reverse them if the meter goes the wrong way.

JimE

Chad M. -

Something you might want to consider - some terms that we use here originated here or within the collector community. Unless your dealer is involved with either, I wouldn't expect him to know what you're talking about.

Go in there and ask him for a part for an Original and check out the blank stare that he'll give you
lol.gif

I must be lucky, my dealer speaks Cub Cadet. This one sitting on his showroom floor.

28660.jpg

Back