• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 10, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob: Maybe something here?
http://www.bing.com/search?q=macintosh+computer+picture+resizer&form=HPDTDF&pc=HPDTDF&src=IE-SearchBox
happy.gif

Follow up post on "the spark plug keeps fouling"
1. the fuel float had a pin hole
fixed pin hole, then it chokes under load ?
while it was ideling and I was contemplating Haricari (sp?) noticed a puff comining from the head/block, yep bad head gasket, fixed that and it runs like a bandit! New front tires came in today just waiting on the tubes. Thanks to the gentlemen that pointed me in the right direction, Sorry I didn't save his name but he knows who he is
Thanks Joe

Thanks for all the comments on the 782 repower. Looks like I need to find at least a 16hp twin or larger. Will start the searching process.

Bernie

Hey, I need the same piece of metal for the dump valve that chuck does- what part # is that for the 109? I noticed on cc specialties that the 1 only listed certain models, and the 109 wasn't with them.

on to my next question..

I googled.. and googled.. and googled.. and googled some more.. I did NOT want to have to ask you guys this question; I ask you enough as it is.. (Charlie, please forgive this slightly off-topic, as it is going on a cub. That is the only reason I'm asking.) My uncle gave me an old fender radio off the FARMALL 806, said I could mount it on the 109. its an old audiovox AV3000 stereo head in a fender mount box with speakers. The trouble is, before I paint it, I wanna make sure it works. I don't see a ground wire, and when I put the + wire on the + battery charger terminal, and hook the - alligator clip to the radio box, (good connections, I made sure) nothin. Is there a ground wire that just worked its way into the box? Or is something wrong with the radio? I feel bad admitting this, but I have one just like it at home on the 126, (just don't remember how it is wired up) so if you don't know, no big deal. I just wanted to see if I could find out and get it painted before I had to go home and relinquish the paint gun.

Charles K.
Scroll down 3 post below yours and read what the PN is.

Under Edit,
There is no ground wire on a tractor radio. Mounting to the frame is all the ground they had.

So today I decided to bring out the Haban sickle bar that I had purchased earlier this season. This is the first one I've ever installed. I got it all up and mounted on the cc 73 but the only thing I need is the belt that goes from the front PTO to the drive shaft of the mower.
Does anyone know the size of the belt?
or part #
I looked in the manual already and no part #
Thanks i appreciate it.
I CAN'T WAIT TOO USE IT!!!;)
239954.jpg

239955.jpg

239956.jpg

Charles K. This is a different version and don't know how close this maybe to yours. I kind of agree with Charlie about frame grounding, but this diagram shows a separate wire to a ground post.

Hi all. I have a Cub Cadet 149. Nothing wrong with it. I ordered a Brinly Box Blade. I didnt know how strong to make the sleeve hitch but did a homemade one. Bad Idea but I had I had fun with It till I bent it up. lol... Im going to order a sleeve hitch online.

My question is whats better? A Floating Strap or a NON-Floating Strap? I looked in FAQ but it only told me what a sleeve hitch is here. I understand what it is but need more info before I order.

Second question would be should I just build a real strong one? I have a arc and MIG welder here. Ready to rock.

Dave,

Aaron at Extreme Motorworks is a sponsor (see box above), and he makes a really robust sleeve hitch with or without slotted straps for ONLY $137 clams...
thumbsup.gif

As for the slots, I personally would prefer the non-slotted version... JMO..

Latest posts

Back