• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 10, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfunk

displayname
Paul E. Funk
The LAGT Extravaganza was a huge success. They had a goal of 500 lawn and garden tractors and 475 showed up. There was a bunch of “standard” Cub Cadets there as well as a bunch of customized. In addition to an assortment of JD’s, WH’s , etc. there were several lesser known models such as Hahn and Magna-Trac (no relation to the Magnatrac manufactured by Struck Corporation). There were people there from New York, Texas, Florida, California, North Carolina, etc. It was a great weekend. My favorite was a custom Cub Cadet dozer built by Sherrill Toone.

239911.jpg

I spent a lot of time taking pictures and talking to Sherrill about how he made it. I think it might be my next project.

I took six of my tractors to the show.

239912.jpg

239913.jpg

239914.jpg

Everyone I talked to said they planned to be back next year.

Hope this all works. Our internet has been down for a week. I didn’t realize how dependant I’d become.

Archive bug ain't gonna eat this one!
239916.jpg

Found a latex based floor paint at Marden's - our local Salvage Store - for $9 a gallon. (Diamond Classic paint - Made In The USA) It looks like I can do the whole floor with a gallon, plus I get to do a "bit" of inventory work. This is a big gain for this old man!
Don T.: Next time you come over we might be living in a Battleship Gray house.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Grrr... Well, I didn't get the 102 picked up today.. it was buried behind a 1456 with a grain drill, and a silage bagger, and grandpa didn't wanna mess with it today.
bash.gif
It looks pretty rough, but my uncle tells me when he parked it quite a few years ago it ran.. I get a little (I'm assuming) homemade trailer with it, whenever it gets picked up..

Paul,

Can we get a bunch of pictures of that middle red tractor in the custom forum? That thing is sweet. I've been thinking about making something like that for my next pulling tractor. It would be way cooler than just another "regular" cub out there.

Great line up!

Paul, Great collection of tractors you have there. I would like more info on the mini cub. I have been pondering building one out of my old 107.

ok cleaned all connections and still dont start i have spark turns over slow still

Jeff B,
The creeper is on the garage floor waiting a transplant into the 1600, some parts went into a 1200 I had and someinto the 800. Kinda' like the scarecrow in the Wizzard of Oz.

Chuck-

Does it seem that compression is the reason it's turning slow? Or does the S/G just turn slower than normal? Are you familiar with the automatic compression release (ACR)? If it's not working the engine is hard to turn over.

Just a thought.

Thanks for all the compliments. If you look here I think I've probably got an answer to all your questions. I try to post pretty complete descriptions of all my projects. I believe that helps promote the hobby. If any of your questions are not answered there, I'd be glad to post answers here or in private emails. Again, thanks for the kind words.

Chuck save yourself some time if it happened that fast and it isn't the grounds or positive connections. Take the Battery in and get it load tested.

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)

Your Cub shed is looking great with that new coat of paint
yikes.gif
.We will have to plan another trip over for me ,might need some 123 parts lol. I had the boys add dye to my cement in my shop so I would never have to paint it.It does have a few place where some yellow paint has found it`s way on .I think they used 6 gallons of sealer so the floor would not stain so easy and it did help.

Wayne S

I vote for the ARC compression release spring broken on that hard to start Cub.I would take another machine that starts easy and remove the starter belt and see how easy it rolls by hand and then check out the hard starting cub. that should tell the story.

I`am off for a two hr one way trip this am to buy a zero turn mower and bagger.I bet I could buy a bunch of Cubs for what this commercial grade Zero turn will cost me.Mowing grass at 7 mph might be a blast . Picture later ! if we can make a deal lol.

old.gif

Don: Trouble with that starter idea is I think we're talking 1250 style starter.
happy.gif

Nice weather forecast for the next 2 days. No kitten tracks in the new paint, yet. Good luck with the Z. Wondering what happened with the $990 149.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank-

You're exactly right. I didn't realize/know Chuck was dealing with an AQS engine. I need to check profiles before opening my big posts. I guess the ACR could have a broken spring there as well.

Frank and Wayne

Chuck is asking about his 129, even though his profile says he has a 1650.

Thanks Ken-

Maybe I was right about something after all (not necessarily the problem, just the model).

so on chucks 129 if he pulls the spark plug and it still turns slow the that would elimante the ACR I am leaning towards a failed elect part. I do wonder what voltage he is getting at the different locations?

Jeff-

You're probably right. I've had a couple of ACR issues and the engines wouldn't turn at all. I guess that's why I think of that first.

Started looking for a engine for my 782. Any suggestions on horse power range? I am seeing a lot of newer cub cadet shaft drive for sale in my area for cheap. Most are either 12.5 or 14 hp thinking they would be a little small but the prices are good.

Any thoughts?

Back