• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm leaning towards Ag's front and back. There seems to be several different models (Tru Power, Firestones, etc.). In various pics on this site, it looks like many of you have Ag tires with a real flat profile, i.e. when viewed from the front or rear, the tire looks square. Which model of tire is that? Thanks again.

Jim C,
Is the points saver wired correctly? Condensers need to be on the Negative side of the coil, along with the points wire. Is this how the points saver is wired?

Christopher,
The are just plain ole Carlisle super lugs.
59110.jpg

They do make the Tru Power style as well.
59111.jpg

what do you all think I should offer for the tiller if he entertains the idea of parting with it? I know the safety shroud is missing and the drive pulley is missing and it has surface rust looks like it wasn't cleaned after last use whenever that was. weeds and such wrapped in tines so on? And thats just what I know is wrong. Also is there and intermediate pully needed to run the tiller or 1 LOOOng belt from PTO to right angle gearbox (wich I allready have Cane with the tractor)

Lawrence, the tiller is one loong belt from PTO to 90 deg gearbox oh & tillers are kewl. Some may have a belt guide under the hydro but I have run mine without one with no problems. Some mule drives are different for the tillers but I was lucky on my 109 it worked out ok. mine has the spring on one side and tightening bolt on the other, it cab be a bear getting that belt on and then the spring back in place. On price well I am not the voice of authority but have seen them go for $300 or as low as 2 for $100 so it depends on where you are and what your willing to spend. I was very lucky to find one locally and paid $150 but needed to buy another $75 worth of parts to get it running. HTH

I'm in the process of restoring my 1650 and was wandering how bad do they vibrate normally? Mine tries to shake the fenders off in all RPM ranges except idle and wide open. The motor was rebuilt by the former owner and when I pulled it apart the head gasket was leaking, but other then that it mike's out perfectly. It doesn't have any counter balance set up at all and looks like it never did. Does anyone know of a good small engine machine shop in S.E. Pa. or upper Delaware that does balancing? Thanks for any help you can give me, Oz.

Well, this is only 1/3 on topic, but it was too nice of a day not to take a picture.
happy.gif

59113.jpg

Left to right, my Dad's 382H, my 682, my 782D.

Guys,
Where are you getting your motor mounts. The Cub dealers around here are impossible to deal with. I've looked at the top of the page but don't see any way of looking them up.
Any help would be appreicated,
David

Daniel C. I posted this across the street for you and others that may not come over here.

About the hydro question. I've put in a long day at work so I'll try and do this and make sense. Systems Operates in one direction only: Check control linkage. IF OK then Inspect Charge check valves.

Loss of Power or system will not operate in either direction:
A. Check oil Level.
B.Check control linkage
C. Check charge pressure. If low then inspect inlet filter.... if OK the inspect Charge relief valve... IF OK then inspect implement relief valve... IF OK... then inspect charge pump.
D.If charge pressure is OK then check system pressure.
If it is LOW then inspect charge check valves.

This probably doesn't make sense only it is the step by step procedure to troubleshooting the 15U system for two of the problems you described. My personal thoughts are without having more input is this. The gentleman should not have taken the pump apart if he wasn't sure of what he was doing. If you noticed springs missing then he more than likely has linkage problems that he isn't seeing do to limited mechanical knowledge. I apologize if I sound a bit abrupt and please forgive me for doing so. Again long day at work and I'm just trying to help. One more thing... CLEAN and CORRECT OIL & FILTER do sometimes go a long way. Not always only if he doesn't want to change oil or filter then you could have issues within by not having the correct fluid and filtration.

One more thing. Reread what you've said and I think that you will find your answer (missing springs) tends to lead me to linkage problems. Also, what Matt G. and Ron S. have stated should be taken into account. Very good suggestions. Hope this helps.

I'm off to bed.

Hello there. Does anyone have a part number for aftermarket (NAPA) replacement iso engine mounts for a 1450 cub?I have looked in a few stores but found nothing suitable. Thanks.

ISO mounts at NAPA (Moog K-5252) or Car Quest for about $7.52 per set.

David S.
There's a reason why sponsors have phone numbers and email addresses on their sites. That's because they don't list everything they carry.

Hey gang,
What are the standard features on a 782?
PS Hydro...... kt 17....
Thanks
Dudley

Kenny W.: Yes the point saver is wired to the neg side of the coil. I think Matt G. is probably right in thinking its the carb. Hopefully this weekend I can take the carb apart and clean it again.

Hey gang- I picked up a front blade for the 1250 a while back. I have no idea what it came off of but it seems pretty stout and has a spring catch for the angle so it can be swung from the seat. Looking at the blade pictures I still am not sure where the mounts go. I think on the front quick latch but I'm not sure about the rear arms. Thanks for the help.

Earlier today (beginning at 11:37am) there was some discussion on front tire types for snow-blowing applications. Christopher Cote and Earl Ford made reference to "snowblower-type" tires. What type of tread are you referring to? My brain's running on empty, and I can only picture in my mind the ag type like the pics Charlie posted. Do you have a pic of the snowblower-type you're thinking of using?

Latest posts

Back