Archive through June 05, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
Mr Ide...
clappy.gif
...<font size="-2">A little too much wandering on the internet??? :)</font>
I'm sure it will work on a rusty rock shaft, but will it perform any better???

191792.jpg

This is my first attempt to add a picture on this site. You gentlemen have really helped me trying to figure these tractors out. Thanks.

SteveY: Most of us strive to share our knowledge, experience and information. This where I began to learn about Cub cadets as well...Glad you have been successful.

Myron B
Sergeant Major, USA (Retired)

Steve Y.,
NICE tractors!
thumbsup.gif
You did good on posting the photo. Now post some more pics of those fine machines you have (and don't forget to hit the enter key between each pic).

Got a question guys.
Did you ever see a spring assist like this one on a cc? This was on a model 71 (year-1966).
191803.jpg

Notice the bracket was painted white.
191804.jpg

191805.jpg

The angled bracket at the end of the spring bolted perfectly to the end of the seat bracket.
191806.jpg

Any ideas?

Matt,
Does it work as good as the CC assist? I've seen a lot of CC SA, but this is the first assist I've ever seen like this one.

Happy day for cubbing. With the silver anti-seize on the front pto the set screws are very easy to remove! Wore out the button in the brake style clutch. Groove for snap ring wore out. Nothing else seems to be hurt for now. Looks to be another 3-5 years left in the clutch disc. Home made brake pad seems to be just fine!

Guys,

Tornado just went through Central Illinois. It has been on the ground for over an hour. Hopefully, it missed Steve Bluniers. It went right through that area just like the one a few years ago.

A few days ago Jim D, Kraig, and Dennis F were writing about using JD Torq-Gard 30 weight in the Kohler engines. I just got a gallon of Shell Rotella 30W from TSC which supposedly has approx 1400 ppm of ZDDP. What is ZDDP ppm in Torq-Gard 30W?

Hey Tristan are you out there? hows the 1450 you picked up, did you get it running?

Digger thanks for the pics.

Is there a correct piece for the 71 or did some have one and some have the other?

Kide, I think that spam your getting is spelled a little differant!

Allen, I have used the Rustoleum and really like it for areas where I'm not worried about appearance. I usually us it on the underside of mower decks and it does a great job. I am looking for something that does more of a chemical reaction and leaves less of a coating. Does the Loctite do that? I did some searching and I think the stuff I use to get was "SKYCO OSPHO". I didn't name it I just used it and it worked well. It was much cheaper in the 80's (if this is the stuff). It sprays or brushes on like water, there's a chemical reaction, the rust turns black and it didn't really leave a coating or film. Then you could just paint over it.

One last thing before bed.

I was at a local mtd/cc parts dealer Thursday to buy paint for my 71. A young guy helped me and the yellow was no problem but would be a week or so before thier next shipment came in. No problem!

I brought the paint chart with me. The chart that is on this site. The one that you guys helped me with.

So the kid brings me a quart of mtd/cc white (cream) #759-3264. I respectfully, explained this is the wrong paint. My model 71 is an IH/CC serial #164679 and according to this chart I need an IH white not an mtd white. He understood and I realized I was at the wrong place for IH white. Story over or just begining.

All was well until his boss overheard the conversation. He butted in and said "this is the correct white paint for a CC! I said again I have a 71 and a 125 and these are IH/CC not mtd/cc and according to this chart here (as I held it up) your paint is not what I need. Now he's getting more foceful and says "TRUST ME this is the paint for those tractors"! I repeated my comment about them being IH and not mtd and then he said "IH hasn't had anything to do with CC since the 80's", "TRUST ME", this is the correct paint! I repeatted that I had a 1966 model 71 & 125 IH/CC and about the chart. He still preached the same thing. He never did say the chart is wrong but he wanted to. I had to just walk out because I'm still learning about IH/CC paint and I thought I could be reading this chart wrong.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, tell me I am correct. I need IH 901 white and not mtd/cc 759-3264 (which I believe is cream).
I want to go back and have that discussion again and tell him how wrong he is.

You guys know the difference between a good and great cub day? A good day is finding a 1250 for my brother for $200. This thing is spotless with about zero rust and all the paint looks nice. It came with a 50 inch deck. And yes it works. It was 2 blocks from my house.
A great day is ( same day ) finding someone who sand blasted, primed and painted an Original and covered it up for 4 years. No welds or problems with it but some assembly will be required. Original tires holding air and the best part is the deck is rust free and perfect. No holes either. The best I've ever seen. All for $100.I guess he was tired of looking at it. Guess where it was? Three houses down the block. Really. It was hidden well because I always look for cub yellow.Now that I know how I'll seen pictures soon.

Bob P - I believe you're correct about your CC needing IH 901. I don't know where IH made the break for certain (maybe you have another chart than the one posted under the FAQs). The problem however, is it's not available from MTD or Case/IH. The chart shows numbers for PPG, Martin Senour, NAPA, and Dupont, and you'll have to get these mixed up. Now, the part you're not correct about is the MTD/CC white. The white this dealer tried to sell you is IH 935. Somewhere in the production time frame IH changed the white from IH 901 to IH 935, and yes the IH 935 is more of a creamy white, but it is IH. MTD still has the IH 935 available as shown in the chart and as that dealer offered you, but technically it is not the correct white for your tractor. Hope this helps,

Hydro Harry

Bob P - Oops, need a little correction to the post below. I found the link in the FAQ to the other chart and info you must have had. You are correct about your tractor needing IH 901. The dealer tried to sell you IH 935 which is the 3rd white IH used in production of CCs. The dealer must believe there is only one IH white, and that's what he was trying to sell you (IH 935).

Hydro Harry

No wonder I'm so tired. Lastpost last night, 11:35 & first poost today, 05:59

I just thought of another reason why I'm not married; I have my oven full of sandblasted engine parts. I'm sure some of you have wives that put up with that so take a minute to thank her.

bp

Steve,
Those are nice CC's in the pic. Sounds like you have a few more now.

Anyone know if you can buy a new OEM or aftermarket fiberglass dash for a 125? Don't tell me I have to be a fiberglass repair man too.

I went to the Martin Senoir dealer and he mixed my paint for my 127 using paint numbers in the Faqs.WE painted the mower deck first and it wasn't close to the right color.Went back and he said he would come look at it later. One week later the color had changed and matched perfect.The dealer said the thinner and hardner had to have time to disipate or something. Then when we painted yellow the edges would not cover on the first coat.He said to use a small amount of white in the yellow on the first coat. We did this and it worked perfect. This was Dimension 3000 paint from Martin Senour and the paint number from the faqs. As you can see i don"t know anything about paint but i found that fascinating.

Latest posts

Back