• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 04, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning, Donald T.
happy.gif
I'd just take the aluminum housing and all the internals and swap everything as a unit over to the ported cast iron top. The aluminum housing is the same on both styles of pumps. Easier than switching everything over the other aluminum housing.(Haven't seen my "go-to" 15 series gentleman yet to inquire about the charge pump.)

Coldwater, Michigan. Unfortunately, there is only one picture of the tractor. Perhaps even worse- for me, anyway -is he wants to much for the tractor, a dump cart (not IH) A plow, a tiller, and a front blade. What confuses me is, the pics only show the trator, a dump cart, a blade, and a beat up old cultivator.
239774.jpg

239775.jpg

239776.jpg

239777.jpg

Don-

I haven't done the change you speak of with a ported pump. I had the original pump in the 1250 and after replacing the pump gasket and a few other small changes I never could get the pump to work properly. In the meantime other things started happening so it's been on the back burner. Now back at it I am in the middle of adding, or switching to a complete rearend with a ported pump to add hydraulic lift. I'm approaching the point of reassembly. As I have been working on the 129 and 1650 I've been painting the lift parts for the 1250 to hopefully have everything ready.

Marlin-
Good call. I didn't even think of just swapping CI portions and then swapping the charge pump.

Wyatt,

I have done the front cover swap on several units...no issues. I have also switched charge pumps with no issues as well.

Marlin Homrighausen

Correct me on this but I thought the out put shaft of the aluminum housing had a different spline count . I `am not happy with the pump on my diesel 1512 and well it is good to know that I can do that swap. thanks Don T

lurking.gif

Doing an oil change on a tractor and it says to fill with 3 pints and 8 ounces ? I have kohler SAE 30 1 U.S. QT (946 ml. Boren when they had to change from the old system and I guess I `am lost .lol.I bought 2 U.S quarts
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don, there are 2 pints in 1 quart. There are 32 ounces in 1 quart, thus, 1 pint = 16 ounces. To get 3 pints and 8 ounces you would add 1 full quart bottle and 24 ounces from the second quart bottle. The quart bottles should have ounce marking on the side. Make sense?
dizzy.gif

Don,

That is 1-3/4 quarts (1.75 quarts)

or, 1.656 Liters (Canadian)

Kraig types faster than I do!

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

I filled the filter first and now adding some of the second U.S. quart .I will run it some and then check the level.Three days of rain and damp weather makes me medicate.Thanks for the info I was lost for a bit lol.

Mag 18 K

Troy R. Good to hear the 73 is up and running again.
Shift.gif
I'll take the two tires from the front when you get your aggies. One of mine like that split apart last year. Thank goodness it was at the end of winter snow removal duties. That way I'd have a spare.

Bill J. Nice job on the welding of your modification.

CmwKrill. Sears cultivator. Would sell nice on eBay and that would cut the cost of that Cub Cadet for you to rescue.

I asked my "go-to" gentleman about the charge pumps and he said that it depends upon the model of the 15U. So... according to that one would have to go to a Sauer Danfoss Distributor and see if the Cub Cadet had the bigger charge pump.

Wyatt C. Let us know how you come out.

Marlin-
Will do. I'm going to have some time off here soon, but I don't know if I'll be able to fit it in. I've got one project that has been in the making since the fall that should be complete soon, THEN we'll see what time I have.
angel.gif

Wyatt, better work fast! That new project will demand all of your attention for at least the next 18 years...
whistling.gif

Marlin Homrighausen

Yep that is what I read somewhere, I think the out put splined shaft on the hyd pump went to a bigger size and finer spline and even the pinion cut was changed.And this was changed when the supers were sold with greater pump pressures.I would love to have a super GT .
smile.gif

Tom Wyatt had the corret answer, its one of Dan's
blades. He sure is a nice guy to deal with.
Marlin no problem with getting the grandson his own cub. I just have to find time to get one all fixed up.
He will have 5 or 6 to choose from.

Kharvey

I like the look of the center mounted blade. Cool stuff!

Donald T. I believe that you're correct with the different shafts/splines. I just checked the parts lookup only that doesn't tell me much since parts can be updated through improvements. I had a chance around six years ago to buy an 1872 with the front sweepster broom, cab, mower deck and I think a snowthrower for $1,000.00. Beautiful condition and the hour meter stated 3800 (yes, that is correct) one owner hours. The current owner bought it from his terminally ill brother to help him out with medical bills. Unfortnately ... I didn't have the money. The tractor ran like a top and so did the hydro.

Angel just informed me that it is raining outside. It was something like a 20% chance today. We do need the moisture so I am not complaining.

Hydros and SGT's:

IIRC (and I may not), the difference is because of the reduction gear in the SGT transmission being different (larger) to account for the 26" tires.

It is a bad idea to "hydro swap" std GT hydros onto SGT transmissions due to this difference, and those who have done it can tell you it won't work.... (I know Ryan Mull had issues with one once)

Back