• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 03, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the proper way a voltage regulator goes on a QL or AQS engine. I have seen them mounted both ways. One side has the epoxy fill and the other has two fins with a diode looking thing at one end between the fins. Most times I've seen the epoxy side out and the plug fits easier this way because it's not jammed up against the block. My 1650 was the other way with the fins out. I don't know if the three pronged plug was turned over (flipped) but the tractor ran fine. I'm still chasing circuits, cleaning grounds, etc. trying to get it running again. No luck so far but I just got back on it from the other day. The garden, clothes washing, just domestics in general have held me up.

Any and all appreciated.

Wayne-
The epoxy goes to the outside, the cooling "fins" go inside towards the blower. (I just took one off a 1250 yesterday afternoon)

Here is my 128 and a Cyclone Rake leaf vac. Everything works great.
239717.jpg

DAVE - I "THINK" the brick would slide out of the cart by just dumping the trailer, but then I'd have to do something with it anyhow. I guess I could push several bricks into a pile with one of the loader tractors. I just thought it'd be nice to be able to unload them some place close to where I wanted them.

Those pic's Kraig posted were taken by Wyatt. I think that was "Revision #3" of the lawn vac. I'm on at least rev #5 now. That engine was from an Original Dad had years ago that I had to give back to him when he sold it and I put rings & a new rod & exh valve in the K181 that was in the 72 when I got it. The K181 also got a spare PTO clutch I had so I don't have to use a belt tightener to turn the blower on/off.

There's a few changes I'd make if I built another one. Biggest change would be to design it to use 8 inch dia hoses like Doug W.'s Cyclone rake. The 6 inch hoses on my vac do plug up occasionally. And I might make the impeller in the blower larger in diameter and wider so it would move more air.

I think the lawn sweeper did a better job of getting leaves up off the ground but it was a WHOLE lot more work. One fall SON & I worked on leaves at least one and most times both days for six weekends in a row. And my trees were small back then! With the vac I can cover the whole yard, over 2 acres and approx. 80 trees in two days.

Denny, we need updated photos. You have my email address.
whistling.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Those pic's Kraig posted were taken by Wyatt. I think that was "Revision #3" of the lawn vac. I'm on at least rev #5 now.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

worthless.gif

Guess I better go visit my "Friend" at Battery's Plus and get another camera battery so I can take some pic's for Kraig! I still owe him some pic's of the "International" decals on my snow blower too!

It's funny, the camera battery that came with the camera lasted 4+ years, the replacement batteries maybe last six weeks. Last time the guy gave me a new battery for free.... and it was worth just about what I paid for it!

I really haven't changed the blower that much, except for the engine & gas tank and the PTO clutch.

The hose that's on the inlet & outlets in those pic's is special hose I bought from McMaster-Carr. It was PVC with a spirol wound wire for reinforcement, had a smooth interior so stuff like twigs didn't stick inside and plug the hoses. It was kinda expensive. I'm using non-vented corrugated plastic drainage tubing now. Works almost as good and it's maybe 10% of the cost. You can see in two of the pic's I had to patch the outlet pipe with duct tape, the blower would blow acorn shells, etc. right through the old tubing.

Hello all, this is Rodney again, I just got on and am grateful for all the pics and information about the leaf vacuums -- the 8 in. info versus the 6 in. is definite to keep in mind. I also like the pics of the even numbered cubs as I did have a 126 and miss it very much. Let my father-in-law use it and he left it out exposed to the elements and it just went to pot -- could kick myself for that one. Finally sold it as needed the money for other things. Would like to find another 126 but they are hard to find here in Texas. Anyway the info for the vacuum is great. Thanks. RK

My hydro lifting thoughts here... and again just thoughts without being able to physically inspect the unit.

By operating with the system HOT... Do you mean the oil is within the accepted heat range for optimum operating temperature or is the oil truly hot and above the heat range?

If the pump is truly worn out then none of the rest of the pump functions would work properly such as forward/reverse. These are working as should unless you've tried forward/reverse when the engine is idling and the tractor doesn't move like it should either.

Check the charge pump and implement relief pressurees when they are cold and then at the HOT temperature that you mentioned. Checking when cold will tend to give a false reading.

I'm right now leaning towards a weak/worn out charge relief spring or worn out implement relief spring. If the springs have already been shimmed up to the max then a new spring is more than likely necessary.

Changing pistons or kits can be the cause only again... everything will show up being affected also.

Charge pump could also be getting weak. That is where checking the pressure when the oil is at operating temperature is important. You will get a more eaccurate reading.

I'd personally leave the low hour 1250 alone and if you don't want it then sell it. Someone out there will definintely be happy to purchase it and the tractor could go via the Cub Cadet Transportation Network route.

A little F.Y.I. for All. In 2014 the 15 Series is scheduled to cease production as a factory made unit. It will and is even now being replaced with a 20 Series pump. What this means is that after the 15 Series line shuts down then no new units will be made however parts will still be available. Please don't ask me if the new series will be a direct bolt in. I haven't seen them yet so you will have to write the company and ask them.

I hope the above thoughts gives some helpful input.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back