• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 03, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Bob P., thanks for the laugh this morning.
happy.gif

Lucas, if you do use those headlights with the rubbery plastic housing, make sure that the heat shield is intact. Those headlight housings melt really easy. A few years back I picked up a 125 for spare parts. The previous owner had mounted those type lights on it. He didn't think very hard about where he mounted them. Here's a photo of the results.
roflol.gif

191679.jpg

Thanks Matt. I see that spacing is critical as well. I am looking for what was used originally for the rigid fuel lines and can't find it with the K-241 or the carbs in the look up. Do you know what was used? I see you used copper (it appears) on your 100 rebuild when you posted a pic the other day.

Ken-

You can't just enter "100" and get the parts look up. I went through it before so now Matt has had to tell me twice (sorry). CRS is hell!

WAYNE - OEM Kohler fuel lines were steel tubing. Copper would also work by may work-harden and crack.

LUCAS - I only have working lights on two of my CC's, 982 & 72. Dad clipped the wires on the lights on the 70. They'll get redone when it's refurbished.

I always add a white rear work light on it's own switch, and on the 982 since the 50C deck is so wide I put a pair of small flood lights under the footrests so I can see to trim when mowing after dark.

What you do and how is all determined by what you use the tractor for. My tractors all have to work, and some of that work is done after dark, and lights are required for safe work.

went to get the missing parts for the carb from the engine on the 125 which is shot. Got the float,needle, and gaskets but they didnt have the bowl in stock. So they had to order it. $10 frickin dollars for a brass bowl. Grr. Anyways, started taking the 7hp engine from the O apart.

Josh - Don't like spending $10 ? Make yer own float.
First get a 105mm Howitzer unexploded round and beat it with a real BFH to thin the brass out real good. Then you'll need to shape it and solder it together.

Wayne - I typed in 70 and got it down the list under 70 & 100

Josh-

When it costs $15 to get 5 gallons of gas to use in your tractors (and use up in less than a month), you complain about a $10 float that'll last probably 30 years and is costing you 33 cents a YEAR at that rate?

I think we should all be very grateful that we can still get many of the parts to keep these old machines running. Kohler parts are quite plentiful. It is much easier than trying to find parts for other older engines, i.e., Wisconsin and Clinton.

I don't want to sound like I'm jumping down your throat; I'm trying to give you some perspective.

Matt, ic your point but its a matter of principle. just the same yes it COULD be more expensive or unavaiable

Ken, 5 gallons in two mowings...wth are you using to mow with?

Its the bowl, not the float

Ken-

I probably do too. Those M18s are thirsty
yummy.gif

Josh-

I must have seen brass and thought float...it isn't brass...

Still, $10 ain't bad. Buy something with an Onan, then you'll know what EXPENSIVE parts are.

Josh - If you look at my profile you'll see what I own. If you sit on an SGT you wont go back.
Wide frames are a whole lot easier to work on !!!

Ken, ok but i have yet to work on one. But ironically I might be working on a buddy's IH 982 for him. just gotta get er running again. Might do that this summer...

Actually, if you check Dave Kirk's website he has zinc plated STEEL carb bowls, which may not keep the gas as cool but would prevent it from getting hot as fast...but should be able to tighten up more securely preventing float bowl leaks common to Kohlers.

Have to agree with KEN, SGT's are just nicer tractors to mow with, more HP, typically bigger decks, hyd. lift, twin cyl. engines for smooth running, you can stretch out more, plus wider tires, wider track, and longer wheelbase for a much smoother ride. Just wish my 982 had power steering.

And lets see, I got 10 gal. of gas last time, and mowed three times and did a little running around trimming trees & bushes.

Gee wizzzz...3 cuttings+ on 10 gal of gas! My new little Honda 4cyl gets 350 miles on 10 gal! Maybe I should put a deck under it??
clappy.gif

Lucas Jones: Yesterday you asked for input on this idea:
191696.jpg

I didn't like it, then, and when you posted today that it will cost $54 (plus aggravation) I don't like it even more! $54 is NOT a lot less than you can get a good used set of lights, panel, bulbs, and all for. Shop around and I'll bet that for $80 or less you can find the "right" lights and be a lot happier down the road. Did I mention that I hate the "bug eyed" look?
angel.gif
old.gif

Allen - They do put decks under Hondas.

Frank - How ya like those rubber lights ?
biggrin.gif

i just sold my headlight panel for $80 including shipping. it was in pretty good shape too. just keep looking

Hey guys. I have been working on refurbishing my 1650. I'll get some pics up soon. I was going to work on my QL motor mounts and do the "mod" when I noticed the oil pan on my K341 needs some work. The PO let the motor mounts get so bad that the mounting bolts in the oil pan got loose, so that the bolt bosses in the pan are now slanted off to the side from wearing against the engine mount.

Questions is this: Have any of you ever had any welding done on a cast aluminum oil pan and did it work? I am planning to find a machine shop that can weld up the bolt bosses and machine them back to flat and square. Any advice?

Alen S.,
Does your Honda have a rockshaft and hookups for the QA hitch?
1a_scratchhead.gif
clappy.gif

Ryan Wilke
bubbly.gif

Latest posts

Back