• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 20, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt G. I believe I was the first to use the Neoprene years ago on the hydro mount. It has worked well for years, never had a problem.

BUT, I did try it on the rear gasket cover on the rear end and was not happy with it. I left a lot of material exposed inside the rear plate and the constant exposure to the hydro fluid caused it to swell and eventually I had a leak.

I think it works well for the replacement of the hydro mount gasket and any swelling there will prevent any leaks.

I would not recommend it for pan gaskets or rear covers.

I wonder if your material flaked due to being dry. I put some material in a container of hydro fluid and left it for years and when I took it out it was intact but had swelled.

I agree with you I would be cautious where I used that material

Silvio Andreassi
You can just unbolt the drive shaft and move it to one side, disconnect the hydro controls and remove the four bolts that hold the pump fast to the rear end. I used the gasket material that Matt posted instead of a new cork gasket. I hope to never have to replace it again.
old.gif

Matt, regarding that material. You could always cut out the center of the gasket so there wouldn't be any exposure (at least it would be minimized) to the fluid(s).. You'd end up with gasket trapped between the 2 metal surfaces.

I don't believe the condition you're worried about happens when in service.

fwiw.. my point oh two.. yada yada..

FRANK C. - I had the same thing happen to my 38 inch deck years ago. Since I only had ONE deck, a new spindle shaft and pulley fixed me up. The pulley had come slightly loose and wobbled wearing the shaft smaller and the pulley bore larger.

If your pulley is O-K, then one of the old spindles from one of your other mower decks should work.

Gasket materials are fairly specific to the types of fluids they are sealing in, and even tempurature effects how long the gasket material lasts. Here's a chart of what works with what fluid, I just did a internet search and this was the style of chart I found 20 yrs ago when I was buying gaskets for food & chemical processing equipment. We were using ALL kinds of hard to find materials. http://www.allstategasket.com/chem_res_cht.asp

MATT - If that gasket material was mine, I'd wipe it down with Brake-Clean and see what it does. Like Richard said, He's used neoprene in place of the cork gasket longer than anyone without problems.

Hmmmm I must have broke this thing!

WES - I think Paul R is correct, we got about 1-1/2 inches since mid-last week. My grass is starting to show hints of green some places, and the crab grass has started growing again, but the corn sure is hurting. Beans surprisingly look O-K, but I bet they don't yield well this year.

We're supposed to get some more rain and cool off by mid-week. Maybe by the end of this week I can mow for the first time since the first week of JUNE.

PAUL - Did you see any local news over the weekend? You should branch out into traveling center pivot irrigation units. I can just imagine how well they would work on the hills around here!

just thinking about what my cubs could be doing instead of hiding in the barn.

242007.jpg

242008.jpg

242009.jpg

242010.jpg

Ok everyone 4 some reason I cant make my mind up on what type of clutch disc to go with and spring. Its going on my 100,I'm not building aa puller and Im not putting a deck on it cause I dont plan on using it to cut grass. Basicly I just want it to have a heavier than stock clutch in it. Should I go with a blue cultivator type or the red spring. My other decission is the disc. I know theres quite a few out there. I would like to go with a stainless driveshaft but I heard its hard to keep the split locking I'll more then likely be using it once in a while to pull a trailer around with firewood. Its a good size trailer and I do have a small hill. What do you guys think I should go with? Also a new coupler, maybe a 3 inch, that way I'll be able to take it off & on easier using bolts instead of roll pins. Any advise would be great,thanks

Denny, I watch the news & weather usually AM & PM to keep track of precip??? Bigger equipment=employees... my supplier/from the Flat land was talking today about getting a travelling unit with 1,000' hose & 150' spray radius to use on some of his big projects.He uses an IH 466 motor to turn a Berkley pump to keep to H2O flowing. I partner with him if I get site larger than a couple acres. Not for me! I'm spying on an Older Cub Cadet in the weeds in our township.Your neighbor is having a sale next month with some big & small IHC units.

PAUL - You mean I don't have the ONLY big & small IH tractors in Dane County? HA-HA.... I know the neighbor up on N has a Quadra-Trac. Plus the tenant of the farm around me is ALL IH and C/IH.

SON was telling me this weekend, his Buddy he was at the drag race at Rt 66 Drag strip Joliet, IL. with last weekend rebuilds 8.1L GM V8's for irrigation that burn compressed natural gas for fuel. They had enough hours on them to be the equivalent of over FIVE Million road miles. The short blocks were O-K, but the heads were trashed. Needed new valve seats & guides, valves, springs, rockers.

I normally watch Charlie S on channel 15, except if there's bad weather, then I watch Bob L on #27. Charlie's always wrong, and Bob is always right. And NO Charlie P., I don't mean your wrong.

If it cools down some I'll have to go to that auction!

Back