• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 17, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having an issue with my 582 Special. I finally put it all back together again this last weekend. Everything is where it should be, but it doesn't crank over. When I turn the key, the voltage gauge drops...but nothing else happens. If I take a screwdriver and touch both terminals on the solenoid, it cranks right up and runs fine. I have checked connections and even run a separate ground from the engine to the battery. Any idea as to my problem?

Marlin, you can quit pushing that heat up here, were plenty hot up here too. Its making my grass grow way too fast and the 782 with 60" deck doesnt like it so much to go out in the heat. I think i will have another cup of coffee too.

Ruined hydro pump:

227689.jpg

Tom, You have a short somewhere. Take a jumper directly from the plus terminal of the battery to the starter solinoid (small ignition wire). If the engine cranks over the problem is between the solinoid and the key switch.

Disconnect the small wire from the solinoid and put a voltage meter on it. Turn the key. You should read 12+vdc used to energize the solinoid. Sounds like thsat will be your problem. Try to not let the smoke out.

Bob

What spark plug model number is recommended for the Kohler Magnum 18 engine? I've looked at the FAQ and David Kirk lists the Champion RV17YC (or equivalent) for the Kohler KT17, but the Magnum isn't listed.

I'm overdue on replacing the plugs on my 682 (with KT17 - Series I), 782 (with Magnum 18), and 1450 (with K321); that's why I'm asking.

ROY - I found the Magnum service manual on-line, Kohler suggests the same RV-17YC the KY-17 uses for the M18. The K321 uses a Champion H-10C or equivalent.

I know I need the RightGuard , I just finished mowing.... but I didn't break the forum !

Ken

Thanks for posting that weather info. I think Charlie can get his shorts on now all his snow must be long gone now lol.
1a_scratchhead.gif
coffee.gif

Latest posts

Back