• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking to Doug E. about the tornado in Roanoke. He found a site with more pictures. By the looks of the pictures, we were suprized more damaged wasn't done.

How to get to the site: go to google.com type in "Roanoke Il tornado". click on "national weather service forecast office- central il."

Two pictures you will see are a bus with no roof, and the tornado heading for the local Ford dealer.

It's amazing no one was killed. Glad everybody faired out well at the Bluniers.

I was over at Big Steve's tonight and got some pictures.

This was Parsons Manufacturing...

20367.jpg

This was a nice 2 story brick farm house and 3 out buildings...

20368.jpg

This is haunting......there use to be a Victorian farm house, barn , Morton Bldg. and garage on this site....

20369.jpg

Another nice old Victorian down the road an 1/8 mile.

20370.jpg

Clean up crews dragging cross arms and wire out of our bean field...

20371.jpg

20372.jpg

Whats left of 12-15 acres of beans....

20373.jpg

It was officially at F4 status when it hit Parsons.

Ah, the awesome power... the theaters and news footage just doesn't do justice to the sound and fury...

Kraig, others re Kraigs post of 7:29 on Thursday morning.

That NAPA part number for the voltage regulator is for QLs and up (non-S/G models). It won't work on a 70.

I had gotten some bad advice as to that part, and it didn't work for long on my 127 (in other words, it worked long enough to burn up).

I've since replaced all V/Rs on my Cubs with a traditional mechanical stock appearing one that I obtain from a local Alternator/Starter rebuilding shop. He says that he sells more of them to tractor folks than to car folks, but there's enough of a draw that he always has one or two on the shelf.

I thought I posted that correction subsequently, but if I didn't sorry.

I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a solid-state replacement yet. Should be fairly simple for those in that field (or was that "gen"?)

Not much cub news from me. . .4 wks until Son # 2 arrives. . .Cub shed project (which was originally scheduled to be done by now) only got as far as about 70% of the site work done. Did finally find a Cub hauler for the right price, though.

But Son # 1 (20 mo) is showing why it's worth it. . .loves to point and call out to

Traaaa - (tractor)
Truh - (truck)
Caaaaaah - (car)
Jeeeee - (Jeep)

All four of these words preceded his getting around to saying "Mom."

Hmm, I think I'll stick with the "protection" that the State of Chicago's urban heat island provides...
wink.gif

<font size="-2">yeah, I know that they can and have occurred here, but they're rarer than downstate...</font>

Tom H. -

Maybe you're right - she agreed awful easily...

At least it looks like it'll be a nice day out, unlike last year...

Rich, thanks for the update, you may have mentioned something earlier and I likely missed it. I'll make a note of it now.

Looks like me and the family might make it out to Freeport on Saturday too. Need a day trip anyway.

...is this thing on??.....

Thiking out loud......if the Blunier soybean crop was "wiped up" by the funnel, will plow day be held early this year? OR will there be 2 plows days?

That F-4 funnel has some serious blowin and suckin going on.....A F-5/F6 hit a small town west of us 20 years ago.(town is now nick named the Windy City) Damaged or destroyed 95% of ALL buildings in town including the fire dept. It tipped their water tower 3 ft off level. Killed 9 people (which is a very low number considering it hit at 1 am).

Luckily the Cub Cadet dealer in town was able to re-open a month later.......

Replacing a couple of front tires on the 1200 today, took them up to the tire dealer to remove the tires so I could paint the rims. Thought it was just going to be a touch up until I found the PO had put a tire sealer in one of the tires. Man nothing will clean that $#!^ off, only thing to do was take the rim down to bare metal and start over. The only thing I use that crap in is a bike with tubes or a wheelbarrow tire and then if I have to I just throw the tire and rim a way.

Note to self, don't sell Richard C any of my rims
lol.gif

Most important tractor here with tire snot is the Original - you can't restore a tractor and use tubes, the valve stems just aren't right.

Isn't Freepost the 23-24th of July? Bryan's got one hell of a good crystal ball to tell it will be good weekend weather!

Tom H. -

You leave my crystal... nevermind...
wink.gif

Yeah, I actually have the Weather Channel's Desktop Weather Platinum software running here & at the office. Says that weekend will have 80 for a high and 60s for the low. Sunny to partly cloudy. Which of course means mostly sunny.

Jason H.
If you haven't drilled the emulsion tube out completely yet you might try a trick I used on my 124 carb after my motor rebuild mechanic messed it up. He had the same trouble and told me I would need to replace the carb. I bought a small easy out tool, drilled a hole in the emulsion tube large enough for the easy out and removed the tube. Then I used low temp filler rod to fill the hole completely and re-drilled the tube to the right size. Worked great and still running fine.

Donnie, Thanks for the extra input. I will give it a go before I drill all the way.

Back