Archive through July 13, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill J.
There's 3 ways to go,
241514.jpg

241515.jpg

Build your own.

Tyler....Looks awesome. All you need is a grote tail light and you will have a "loaded" 100!

Good Morning Folks,
Trying to pinpoint a problem with my 1650 that's kept it sidelined for too long now. When I had it running it would randomly die on me and progressed to be difficult to start and would die after running for a few minutes or so. After sitting over the winter I took the air cleaner assembly off and the intake tube that draws the air from behind the motor and flushed out a mouse nest with the hose. To my surprise, it started and ran for over 5 minutes. But again it's very hard to start and if I can get it running, it dies in a couple minutes or so. It doesn't appear to be getting consistent spark. I swapped the coil with another unit that was running fine and got a new condenser. I've uploaded a photo of what I think is the regulator - note the melting. FYI,the lights have never worked, fuses are good and the electric clutch engages fine. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on this dilemma.
Thanks in advance, David
[email protected]
241532.jpg

Sebastian C. I think Charlie nailed your problem.
happy.gif

Bernie P. Hey... so THAT'S where all that stuff went to that Angel said she set outside when she cleaned the three seasons porch. (Man was she ever thorough when cleaning.)
thumbsup_old.gif

Tyler T. Looks great.
241535.gif

I am having issues with identifying the drive shaft that is currently installed in my 1250. Per the parts catalog/serial number, it should have a ball bearing between the driveshaft and hydrostatic transmission. When I took it apart there was no ball bearing and only 1 flex/rag disk. Is there a way to correctly identify what the current drive shaft is by length or features?

Hello Marlin and Charlie, I applied your observations. I saw some oil oozing by the hole of the check relief valve.
Must I change it now ?
thanks

Jonathan S.,

Welcome to the forum!
groupwave.gif

Tyler,

Super nice 100!
drool.gif

David C.,

Did you ever try moving the governor arm while it was stalling to see if it made any difference?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hello, all. Thanks for the advice from last post, have been oober busy. After tinkering around with the electrical on my 108, i fixed the wiring for the horn, and i don't know where it goes
bash.gif
. I know this was a rare option, and if any one can point me in the right direction, i would be most grateful. Thanks.

Sebastien C.
If you can live with the drip, there's no real reason to change it UNLESS, it's not working right and your not moving either forward or reverse at the right speed.
Sometimes you can remove them, clean them up really well and they will stop leaking, but there's rather rare from what I hear.
It will not stop on it's own. BTDT too, LOL

Marty A... Thanks!! This ia a great place! I've been coming here for a good a year or two now and it seems like I could never become a member. IDK what I was doing wrong but I'm glad it worked out. I also belong to GT TALK, another really good forum to belong too.

TYLER T.... Lookin good , I'm jealous! lol I've been in the middle of redoin my 100 . I'm not sure if you would call it a perfect frame up restore or what. I am changinf a few things on it for the better.

JH,
I remember when we were kids the Ol' man told us to use the 100 to clear the snow off the ponds so we could play hockey. I was never toooo excited about that but the Ol' man never flinched so I guess it was OK/safe. Did I mention I REALLY, REALLY trusted my Dad's opinion?

ICE IN JULY?!?!? Not fair. Well, the 109 has sacrificed its front tires to the 126.. I plan on trying to find some 4.80x4x8 ags for the 109 now..

Tom-

Being from the south that sounds so "out there". We just don't have the temps ya'll have so we don't have the thickness so we don't have the temptation. It's a great thing to trust in dads decision on ice thickness. It's just something we never even have to think about here. It just doesn't happen. I do have one memory of a cold winter allowing the neigborhood kids to walk out on ice. We had a pond on the property my father bought when we finally settled in Chapel Hill. It was an old farm. I also remember the sound of cracking ice...not a good sound.

how do i reset the governor shaft on a cub 124? i replaced the brass nut that the shaft sits inside of and now i cant get it set right and it wont run lik it did. thanks in advance.

ALLEN - IRT is about the ONLY "reality" TV I watch, and frankly there's NO reality in it. Guy on another forum actually drove on the ice roads one winter. It's NOT the bunch of free roaming cowboys the show makes you try to believe. They have GPS, and high power business band radios where the drivers can have heart-to-heart talks with the boss en-route.

But anyhow, if LISA KELLY can drive an 80,000# Kenworth on ice a CC shouldn't be a problem. What's sad is this season Lisa isn't on. ;-(

Latest posts

Back