• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 10, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty - well, there I go again. Don't go telling anyone on here I was wrong again, and especially don't tell David S. I just checked the parts look up and it does show a complete rockshaft with the offset bracket attached for the 124 - just like you have. I guess IH musta thought it was to hard to keep cut the strong arm handle off the original rockshaft so they made you buy the whole kit with the kabootle.

Glad you could comfirm the offset is the same on both. I'm certain the electric lift version rockshaft has a wider offset. Now I'm wondering if it would work on the hydraulic lift.

Wayne - glad to hear you're near the end. Isn't that (like) "new" smell great. I'll bet you just added 40 years of life to the unit. And when you get that 44A deck on it, well it's gonna be one sweet unit.

Harry and Marty, if you scroll down here you can see a picture of the different offsets. Unfortunately I didn't measure the offsets and they're now all on tractors. Just looking at the picture, it looks like the offset for the electric lift is about twice that of the hydraulic lift.

Congratulations Wayne. BTW, the tractor shop down the street charges $48/hour. How many hours you got in that 128?

Paul - thanks for providing the link pics and confirming the difference in the offset of electric vs. hydraulic lift. I still wonder if the electric lift version could be used on the hydraulic lift. Not sure if the ram cylinder could be made to align with the wide offset.

$48/hour is dirt cheap for an experienced small engine mechanic.

Nick,

Beautiful tractors!

Wayne,

Congrats on the 128! Now will you get my 124 going again? There isn't as much wrong with it.
err.gif

Harry,

Your secret is safe with me!
lol.gif

The "wide" rockshaft would work on a hydraulic unit, but you would need wider frame mounting bracket spacers(part#21), a longer support arm(#23), and a longer belt(#18).

George and Doug,

$48-$90 an hour?
If I could get that when I restore a cub, I could buy a new truck just by doing one!!!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 120
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 114
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 125
Marty - thanks for keeping the secret. And what you say about making the electric lift version work, sounds correct. It would be easier to just cut down the offset of the electric version so it aligns with the cylinder, and then weld it back on. Have to be a good weld tho.

Hey George L - I was a-wonderin about that tractor shop down the street that charges $48/hr. Do they take twice as long to do everything?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Marty, Paul and Larry (under edit) - I was just catching up on some e-pain stuff and ran across this listing for what looks like a pretty nice 106. It's got a hydraulic lift and sure looks purty- BUT upon closer inspection I saw this in these photos. It looks like he used an electric lift rockshaft, and then a bolt with a couple nuts to align it with the cylinder clevis. I don't like this. Don't think the pull would be centered on the rockshaft, and it would likely twist it with any real strong heavy pull (like a roto-tiller). Now I gotta wonder what else this guy may have done. What ever you do don't let Wayne see this stuff. The guy is someplace in ILL so I guess it's to far for Wayne anyway.
(oops, can add photos under edit so will post above)

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 123
Here's the photos for the message below
316097.jpg

316098.jpg

Attachments

• 316097.jpg
    316097.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 316098.jpg
    316098.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 316097.jpg
    316097.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 316098.jpg
    316098.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 108
Harry,

I agree with you, what a mess!

It appears there is also a creeper gear on this 106.
It could be straightened out with the longer spacers, support bracket, and belt.

I did fail to mention the foot rest will probably need to be notched also, if a front implement lift bracket is installed.

Latest posts

Back