• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Man I have no clue, I dint change a thing, I've been gone all day. I think it's fixed now though, I hope, LOL

I suspect people at MTD will check this out, but what about other things to see and do enroute/leaving the show. depending on the direction traveled people could see two car mfg facilities, think 1 each in Tenn and Kentucky. What else is there to attract people to that area and make a vacation week out of it.

Bryan -
rtfm.gif
bash.gif
destroy.gif
beer2.gif
Charlie said et fexed nhow !

Allen - A little town by the name of Bowling Green in western Kaintuck has been known to put out a Corvette or two and has the Corvette Musem.
There's also the Jefferson Memorial out in WKY too. I went past it last month but didn't get to stop ... will be going back soon though! Of course there's great fishing. As for what's in that part of TN I have no idea, not been there.

Jackson, about 30 miles east of Brownsville, has, I believe, the home plant for Porter-Cable tools. Memphis, Tenn. 64 miles west of Brownsville, has been known for a little music making, now and then. And for the ladies, there is that place with the funny gate out front......What is it???? oh ya! Graceland

Ken- about the best I could come up with, along that line, was Shiloh. About 80 miles south of B'ville.

Just got carried away campaigning for the only legit site brought forward, so far. Won't matter to the hard core addicts, but those that need ammunition to convince spouses and families this is a good way to use up vacation.
As time goes by, and we find where the actual site will be, maybe we could have a different thread for this type of info.

I'll be good, if Ken will.
proud.gif

Well the way it sounds Brownsville TN sould be the place for the birthday party. There should be plenty to do around the area for the wives and kids that don't love our cubs (I wish mine didn't so much, it would be cheaper). There are a lot of good ideas out there. Now that the ideas are out here lets add some more. The easy ones are on the table. The place and highlights should be set before we can get specific. The collector tractors are a great idea, every good party needs a good parade. We really needs to show the world that these old tractors are best around, a good work out for the working tractors is a must. A tractor pull is always fun around here even with the stockers. Lets not forget that the other half and kids may not want to play tractors so they need something to do for this to be a big success.
whistling.gif

Charlie got any ideas, I'm sure you will get volunteered more that you already have been.
err.gif

I would agree that most comments lend support to Brownsville, TN as being the recommended site.

Now, lets talk about some about the time frame for this momentous event....I would suggest MTD is likely going to want as early a date as reasonable....Spring means growing grass and outdoor product needs and sales...The hype for this activity will need to be considered....We should think about how to take the big get-together in Brownsville and help it make the 50th Anniversary process a "year-long" deal (or as close as possible). There is nothing wrong with our focus on the historical being combined with MTD/CC celebrating the 50th Anniversary models in the showrooms all across the country...Together, we can put on a big show and one for the record books and to the benefit of us all...Sooo...when would the group suggest the best time frame be....(stay away from RPR in late June)

Myron B

Myron - Spring is MTD's and other retailers/shops ect busiest time so that may be an awarkward time for them. I know talking with my MTD contact that they are head over heels covered up with "I gotta mow my yard yesterday fix it now!"
With all the vendors that will want to be there that may cut down on their turn out.

Actually, but bad time to be traveling would be winter so perspective buyers can see quality before buying their new equipment in the spring.

I think the time frame would be best left to MTD if they're going to sponsor it.

Charlie - ON TOPIC ;)

Uh guys, there is 2 Brownsville's Tn. I sure would hate to go to the wrong one and be the only one at the party!

Would the get together be a 3 day event or all week? Besides bringing my 1000 and 1650 do I bring the 7264 if so I need to start shopping for a bigger trailer!!

I am really excited about this been all over to car and truck shows but never to anything I love so much as the "CUBS" excluding my Chicago Cubs which I have been to several ballparks to see. Sorry Charlie had to mention them also!

If my wife and I's health are good then the Corn's will be there!

Thats a fact!!!!!!

I like the fall or late summer but with 7 wks vacation pretty free to go when I want. Will companion dogs be accepted?? No Ken not my wife her companion dog!!
bouncy.gif

Pops

Hmmmm..My thinking kinda goes as follows:

Date & time wise, the Cub Cadet was introduced in Jan 61 at a new products show in an inside show hall in Chicago but that is a terrible time to even think about all the collectors and their families to try and trailer Cub Cadets through all the icy roads and snowbanks of the northern tier of states. Not to mention the unpleasant conditions that an outside show would have... That time frame is probably not gonna fly.

I'm sensing that MTD has designated a group (now small) to specifically handle this, so the fact that the dealers are busy should not be a primary consideration...All the first "gotta-have-it-now" deliveries were manufactured in the Oct, Nov & Dec time frame and are usually delivered to the Dealers by February or early March anyway (BTDT)....

There is a week in early spring..."Spring Break" where most kids are out of school and folks are looking to get the winter kinks out is also a good thought and a possibility.... Also like late May (just after the kids get out of school) or the first week of June sounds good... In either time frame, the weather will have moderated and there is still plenty of year left for all the hype MTD can get in there not to mention all the pre-event publicity that could be generated from the beginning of the year....

Lets hear some thinking from the rest of the folks...

Myron B

Hello, I have been reading all the posts on the 50th anniversary show and my thoughts would be near the MTD plant where everyone could tour the facilty and see the new cadets coming off line... also late Spring would be a lot better to haul and just love the thought of an original cub toy with the new 50th cub toy along side........Howie

Why not split it into two events? Spring and Fall? Covering the best parts of the year, and it will give people a chance to attend one, the other, or both. Winter and mid summer are not good times at all. Early summer and late summer could be ideal, kids just get out from school, just before they return. All considerations are important, family not so interested as well as those interested, Tenn. good for this. Accessability for all who need it or not, Cub Cadet wheelchairs/powerchairs? Cubs driving all over, no-no. Trollies with respective milestone cubs pulling them is good. Recreation of an IH cub, voted on AT the show, with looks of old, technology of new very good, raffle of first production machine or first one available to public? Or maybe a new GT/cub product.

Organizing could be split into models over the years, for thos who may only own a one or two, as well as owners collections.

Mtd, Kohler, Brinly, etc., need to 'talk' with us, mybe an email where we can send ideas for the whole collective effort? Then each manufacturer can collaborate together in one spot more effectively.
Have a rep. come to events and talk, at least be able to give them a list to read.

And Kraig should have his own booth for ALL the photos he's taken of our favorite tractor AND the events of all makes/models. Wait... Kraig can set up the booth with EVERYONES pictures in it that they've taken.

Different events, demos, not neccessarily competitions. Keep it fun and safe.

Yes keep ideas coming.

I keep lurking on this thread and have a thought in response to what Charlie posted:

Cub Cadet 50th anniversary ideas and suggestions

What is needed is for everyone to give some ideas on what you would like to see take place for the upcoming 50th anniversary event.
People
Places
Things
You know all the usual stuff to make such an event a once in a lifetime thing.

Personally I'd be tickled if FOR ONCE that MTD would be given the ability from Navistar to use the IH logo from archive pictures to acknowledge the herritage of Cub Cadet. I'd venture to guess that 99% of us here are Cub Cadet owners because we're International Harvester enthusiasts, not because we're Machine Tool and Die enthusiasts. Make a toy so we can all buy it, and maybe come out with a special edition tractor in each model line, we'd all be happy.

Wyatt brings up a good point. It would be nice if Navistar and CC would work together on this 50th Anniversary project to allow the use of authentic IH decals for any commemorative toy models produced. It would also be cool if Navistar would bring the early Original (#501 or an early prototype?) that they have in storage out for the event and have it on display. Hank Will posted pictures of it a few months back on here. The difficult thing I see is getting Navistar interested. What would be in it for them, other than some good PR celebrating part of their heritage? Maybe some royalities for use of the decals?

Navistar,Case/IH gave permission many years ago to use the logo.
There is talk about letting it be used by someone, but it's only in the talk stage right now.

Latest posts

Back