• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger,
One last question & I will put this K-141/K-161 thread to bed. Why did the early 7 HP with a 2-7/8" bore have the same HP as the later 7 HP with a 2-15/16th." bore. I think they had the same stroke.
G.L.

WELL,A LITTLE MORE UPDATE ON THE 100..HAD IT TURNING OVER TODAY JUST TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECT..ANOTHER 20 HOURS OR SO AND SHOULD BE DONE WITH THE HOOD ON IT,BEEN QUITE THE OFFSEASON PROJECT BUT WILL NEVER GET DRIVEN ANYWAYS.MAYBE TO THE NEIGHBORS AND BACK. STEERING WORKS GREAT!STILL HAVE TO PAINT AND BLAST THE FRONT RIMS BUT THATS EASY.NEXT PHOTOS WILL BE THE FINISHED PRODUCT,VERN
50690.jpg

50691.jpg

So same as vern. We must have some mind thing goin on. Him and i post progress the same days all the time!

Saterday night. Took about 2 hours kuz i was cleaning the block then decided that it would be easyer to pull it out and clean it....It was!

50699.jpg

50700.jpg

Sunday night.

50701.jpg

that took and hour kuz i just am tired from watching volley ball all day so my figureing out stuff part of the brain was shut off.

For some odd reason i feel hope less......Or more like overwelmed. Is this a normal feeling for a first restoration?

From my standpoint, yes. It will soon pass as progress is made, trust me. Take it slow and one thing at a time. In the end you'll want to do it again!
wink.gif

Anthony,
That dog is standing there wondering if he should raise his leg on that engine or just ignore the temptation and take a nap!
whistling.gif

Vern, looking good!!!

Anthony, yes it can be a bit overwhelming. I'm still in the process of my first refurbish. I've been, um, working on it for a "few" years now. (Art no need for you to comment here.) I have a part to send you, but before I do you should check your safety switch with an Ohmmeter to make sure that it is working. If your switch isn't working I'll check one of the switches on my parts Cubs and send it along with the spring clip "thingy"
clown.gif
that I removed this weekend. Note the hole in it, this locates it inline with the safety switch and prevents it from rotating on the brake rockshaft. The clip is placed such that the hole goes over the spirol pin

50703.jpg

Here is a photo of the underside of a narrow frame hydrostatic Cub Cadet note the clip's location.

50704.jpg

I wonder what a cub would look like with a set of dit-bike tires on it... Would have to get BIGGER rears and make it like the monster cub that was floating around dealers ships a while ago.
bouncy.gif

Kraig, I've never seen one of those intact before. The last one I saw upclose was on a 125. We re-bipassed it with a new wire to make the loop and didn't think twice. He also did wheelies on it and almost flipped if I hadn't been there to keep it from going all the way. Amazing what a 12hp can do with govenor-override spring. Very dangerous.

Earl - I didn't know dealers had ships. No a 12 horse isn't dangerous, just the shade tree mechanics.

Anthony - Kraig's hinting for you to put the spring clip "thingy" on the right way the first time because it might break if you have to take it off for a second fitting.
When you get the frame cleaned off check to see if there are any cracks above the front axle. The frame likes to crack in that area.

Earl, like this? This was taken a few years back by one of our Indiana members. He hasn't posted in ages.

50706.jpg

Vern, nice job on the 100, qustion: is the seat spring on backwards for a reason?
thumbsup.gif

What did the face of the correct amp meter look like for wideframes?
Vern, BEAUTIFUL 100, I can't wait to see what it looks like done.
Anthony, I'm gonna redo my 149 completely this spring, and I hope that the cub dimentia (de-men-shuh) doesn't affect me too badly.

Glen C., looks like there may have been two slightly different versions for the 1x8/9 series. One was the same as used on the narrow frame Cub Cadets, that being the one in the lower photo. Or it could be that the one in the top photo is not an actual <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> ampmeter but one made to look like one???????? Or it could be from some other <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> equipment??
dunno.gif

50712.jpg

50713.jpg

Boy I wish they still made the dash plates that nice, although the decals aren't bad, I like my textured plate alot better. I saw one on greedbay for about 50 bucks, too much for me. Oh well. Thanks Kraig, Mine looks like this:
50717.jpg

and I've seen one like this before too (on my uncles 149):
50718.jpg

Glen, you should have been around here back in the last century there were a lot of good deals on NOS (New Old Stock) Cub Cadet stuff like these:

50720.jpg

50721.jpg

Of course I missed out on several 125 dash tins, which always seemed to get posted on the weekends when I wasn't on line.
bash.gif

50723.jpg

Kraig, what's the dash tin with all the holes in it for (under theN/F QL and 1X8/9 tins)

KENtucky, I'll say! I was about this close >< to getting one complete with the fiberglass dash that was in very good condition from a 125 that Steve B. parted out. That one was the last one I've seen available and it was several years ago.
angry.gif

I think this is the one.

50725.jpg

50726.jpg

Back