• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tedd,
I would deck it with 2x6's. I have a 7500 GVW trailer with 2x6's. I would install three tie-downs across the back, three across the middle and three across the front. If you are hauling the cubs two wide then you use a clevis on the hitch of the cub and chain or strap it to the outside tie-downs. Use a nylon strap around the front axle to the front tie-towns. If you are hauling cubs in single file you can use the center tie-downs.

WOW I would never have tought about using 2X#'s as a decking. Man that will be stong! I will have to see what the lumber yard gets for 2X6's. There will be a weight penalty for that kind of material. I am guessing that a gap in between should be used, like say a 1/8" or so?

Tedd,
2x6's are on sale at Menards this week.(Green-treated) I'm going to pick some 12 footers up for my trailer this week. As for a gap, put them tight, they will shrink down and eventually have a gap in them.

Thanks for the heads up Chris. I'll butt them up tight when I get to putting them on. I have found out that the trailer just go bumped to the back burner thanks to some nosey neighbors. Now I have to put up a frence to keep them from seeing my back yard!!! This suburban living suck!! I need to find a farmett at west of here to live on!!

Tedd. I sure can relate to the nosey neighbor thing. The couple in the duplex where we used to live would always come out and watch me mow lawn. Only once did they pick up all the toys in their side of the lawn. Where we are at now is great neighbors and lots of lawn (most of it is the city's vacant lots though)to mow. Now if only we had a four car garage to work in.

Ahh Tedd ya gotta love them nosey neighbors. Don't they know what ya have in your yard is not Junk but "High Class Collectable Merchandise". At least my neighbors don't holler when I have a few too many cubs sitting around and the parts tractors are outside by the garage.

Hugh,
The situation is resolved here!
I went for a little ride with camera in hand and it seems that every city council member is in violation of the city code, SOOOOOO. It seems that things around this neighborhood will be forgotten and not brought up again, snicker
deadat30.gif

Tedd, all, keep in mind that the newer green treated lumber now has "acid copper chromate" or "alkaline copper quat" or "copper azole" or "copper HDO" in it. The copper makes it highly corrosive to steel. Be sure to use hot dipped galvanized hardware and make sure you have a GOOD coat of paint on the metal trailer parts where it contacts the wood.

Thanks for that chemistry bit Kraig! I almost forgot about the corrosive aspect. From a cost stand point I just may go with untreated lumber and keep a good coat of "deck" paint on it.

Latest posts

Back