• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DUSTIN- i like to use the red oil-based primer,even in the spray can works well. spray,sand, spray, ect. the hood of my 72 turned out as factory-new with this! scochbrite pads work well....clean well and paint will stick good.

Tristan Stewart (Tstewart) i do see the hindges are for sale on CCS above for about $30.00 . so there not hard to find.her is a picture of my 149 and the 129 takes the same.
113748.jpg

Dustin, If your looking for a good spray-bomb primer, this was recommended to me earlier this year and I really like it;
especially when I'm in a hurry on something. Sprays very good and dries fast. Oh yeah and it's white.

Rustoleum Clean Metal Primer

Dustin, I second the motion for Clean Metal Primer, especially if your using spray cans to paint with. Yellow, if you eventially use it, needs a light primer or you will be putting layers on to cover the primer. BTDT

Thanks guys. I got a can of white so ill just use that. Does anyone know where i can get a one these for an original lift. THanks,Dustin
113751.jpg

Hey guys.The 127 came back today as a no start.I have found the points are a bit rough looking so I filed them smooth and adjusted them to .020.Also if I watch the spark plug out of the hole and crank it long enough the spark fades away.I tried a coil off my own kohler and now it runs but seems to labour alot under full throttle,also the coil gets quite warm.Could this be points causing this?.Thanks for any help any one can send my way.Keith W.

Jim Cartwright:
thumbsup_old.gif

Don T.: I'm playing with your Original's mule drive. It's here, it's mine. Skype?
beerchug.gif

P.S. Thanks for the pic of the 1x9 hinge. I'd have done that, but it's TDC and I don't mean Top Dead Center!

Hey everyone this is my first post and I thought I would see if there are any fellow nebraskans in here or anyone close.I look forward to chatting with you all
Thanks Matt

Donald Tanner (Dtanner) - thanks for the pic. Hmmm what I have does look like the original part... no sure why theres weld marks on one end. And your correct i must have missed that ccs has em... I'll probably be ordering one soon.

I also see there is a hood hold down t bolt which I am unfamiliar... is there suppose to be some kind of latch or something for these hoods? Mine just lifts up without any kind of retaining mechanism... of course right now its about to fall off since there is only about 1 or 2 loops of the hinge on one end still together.

Also, Donald (Don?), how do you like your muffler setup? I was thinking about running mine up... not sure what kind of muffler to go with if i do that.

Was there an option for an Original ('62) to have a rear PTO output? And if so is it hard to find the parts?

Matt W.

I'm from Lincoln Ne. There are a lot of "Big Red" collectors that also collect Cub Cadets,but I haven't seen any Nebraska collectors on here. One place to see Cub Cadets are local antique farm machinery shows,especially when IH is the feature line. I am a member of Camp Creek Threshers in Waverly NE. When we had IH as the feature line a couple years ago there were nearly 50 (if you include the pullers). At most shows I go to, the Cubs only show up in any great number when IH is the feature line.

Brennan, A PTO was an option for the O. The parts are pretty easy to come by as most of them can be had from an F Cub, well....all but the main shaft. That's how I got mine. The main shaft I made by splicing the splined nub from an F Cub to the main shaft from an O.
I guess there is an original main shaft available but they are better than $300.

Kieth W. I think I would try a new set of Points and condenser. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck, Rich
old.gif

Hello Wayne and Rich.I'm glad to see some close collectors on here.Cub Cadet is not the only garden tractor I collect due to the shortage of garden tractors (I have yet to purchase my first cub cadet but cant wait to) But this is a very addictive hobby .I look forward to driving you all madd with questions
bash.gif
drool.gif
LOL
Thanks Matt

Has anyone had any Cub parts powder coated ? There is a place 10m from me, I looked through their colors on their web site but I run into this little problem....I'm color blind
err.gif

I would imagine a lot of coaters would use the same powders so if you had a color name to start with that would be a big help. I probably could put a link to their colors if needed. Any stuff I would have done would be narrow frames.

Is there a picture and manual showing the parts and also how the main shaft is made up? Also what would the ratio be compared to engine RPM?

Keith, coils do go bad but more likely it's the points or the condensor. The points and condensor come as a kit from Kohler. The best bet would be a new set from the oem set the points to .020" and go.

Latest posts

Back