• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping you would 'understand' young grasshopper.....But just for you. WTH is that crap, and why post it here? Is that better for ya'??
BTW, Same goes for your first post on this page.
screwloose.gif

If we don't get more snow soon, it will be time for this again.
50484.jpg

and this too
50485.jpg

I just wish he'd LEARN to SPELL!

Wild Bill (WB) - Same here on the green grass. Lost out on the snow again. You get any pics of the sled duty?

For those that have the need to post these unusual words...

50489.jpg

And to keep this on topic..

50490.jpg

..........and we wish that you would take a bath!!...hehehehe....but I doubt that they even have runin' water back ther is Butcher Holler!

moon.gif

Did I MENTION that we have some great SPONSORS listed above and that we now have a DIRECT LINK to Cub Cadet MTD for PARTS & DEALER LOOKUP!

Dunno what to tell ya John.
It works for everyone else. Try tilting your head the other way maybe.
biggrin.gif

Or get busy puttin all those Cubs you have setting in your shop in pieces. LOL

On a serious side, you might have to put cubcadet.com in your approved sites on your puter.

Anthony, I do have a spare spring clip paddle "thingy"
clown.gif
for the safety switch. Hopefull I'll be able to get it off without breaking it. However I probably won't get a chance to work on it until the weekend.

John L., you still using that Mac? If so perhaps that's the problem.
dunno.gif

Oh I can't wait for spring! Had to wait for the truck to warm up and defrost the windshield cause of fog freeze. Would love to have had some seat time this winter but all my hopes are dashed to a dead offtopic
bash.gif
bazooka.gif
stupid.gif
. If only I had redone the 72 in time! Wouldn't've(spell check anyone?) havee to rig up a front blade that didn't work or put the sleeve hitch back on. Unfortunately I'm known for doing out-of-the-ordinary that turns to complete junk and wasted time that could have been used to do it the correct way to begin with. That's why the 72 will be done right and give me many more years of service than the case. At least it doesn't have a tempermental hydraulics system. Had a scare last night too. I cut(big band saw) LARGE bars of iron and I helped a guy load one up onto a saw last night and had 6000#+ fall, do a numder to the fork lift, gouge the floor, and almost crunch the upper part of the saw. Second time loading he almost did it again! Had to come to the rescue with another fokr lift. Another story to add to the list of do it the right way the first time.
USE YOUR BRAINS!!

OK. I've been to Elburn before and plan on making another trip there, not that far. Last time Kevin D and I picked up his Orig plow a little further south than there. We looked for R.F. Houtz and didn't find it, just the green dealer. How do I get their address? I looked on the website and didn't see it.
help.gif

Right in front of me! Thanks Charlie. Get tired after work and dont always see stuff.
worthy.gif

EARL - When You handle "LARGE" things You have to treat them with respect don't You? 6000+ pounds into a bandsaw? Sounds almost like forged Bar....something about 12" square or a bit bigger and 10+ ft long..... There's a little company in Spring Grove that specializes in that stuff! Last time I was there they had a HUGE yellow manipulator....looked kinda like a CC with a loader except it was tossing 70,000# billets around. Ohhhh And those billets are glowing ORANGE hot!
explotar2jr.gif

This is cold Iron bar. 3 grades, 72in. long, can be up to 12ft I hear,other 2 dimensions could be from 7in. by 20.5in. to 30in. by 30in. These saws are HUGE, and hydraulically driven. The material is clamped to the table and it moves and the blade is stationary. Apparently higher-ups are looking at new saws and we may see them as soon as 2009.
proud.gif
dizzy.gif

We just use fork lifts and the biggest one can handle 7,500lbs. Some bars are way more than that. Our crane can handle 6000lbs. VERY tricky. Ours can handle 8,000lbs but isn't counterweighted to do that. We had myself and another large guy(combined weight 543lbs.) on the back. This is a 'specialty' bar we don't do often, yeah right. I work in Woodstock. To keep on topic now that I have strayed, I'm figuring out how to buy material to make wheel weights. Some of our round stock that I don't cut is in various diameters with holes in the middle of various sizes. If can afford it I would buy some to have for inside/outside wheel duty. I find it's hard to find IH weights I can afford.
Whew! I'm winded. Enough from me for quite awhile.

Your right Charlie. Except for the trying to buy stock for weights idea(that covers any tractor) it's not even close. I'll refrain from my work stories and stick with the intended topic. I should have thought twice about it.
Appologies. Now I'm off to bed and you won't have to deal with my newby-ness that takes me off the beaten path. next time it will be related.
Earl

50504.jpg

Charlie, you could use one of these to flush out the off-topic posts.
bouncy.gif

Ummmm, like this one.......
angel.gif

I think we need to have KENtucky make a smaller version of this into a clipart gif......

50510.jpg

Hmmmm, with that green thumb I just know there's a JD joke in that pic somewhere.........

Back