• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane,

The speed up pulley for the 44" and 50" decks only works with the 1/2" belt, it does not apply to 5/8" belt 82 series machines.

Look for a different part number very late in the 44 series of deck serial number breaks on the on-line parts look-up, it will be different than the 44A/50A pulley.

They work well, espeically with Gator Blades.

I think the diameter reduction is about an inch, from ~5-1/2" to ~ 4-1/2"

What is the easiest way to rig up a rear mower for a 1X8/9 with a conventional sleeve hitch...

Thanks for the info Steve. I'll check when I get home, but I was pretty sure that my 149 had a 44c deck on it.
If I'm wrong
bottom.gif
(I often am), and I have a 44a, I'll look for the smaller pulley to go with the gator blades I already have.

I'm curious though. Why would it be different for the larger 5/8 belt?

what is this 8x9

Glen you are asking abiut it and steve has it in his default message

Anthony,
Take the 1x8 or 1x9 and put in the digit that matches the model number. My 1x9 is a 149, but most of the parts are the same for other 1x9 tractors and many are the same for 1x8 tractors. It's easier to write 1x8/9 than to write all of the models out (129,149,169 etc).

Anthony, A 1X8/9 is any triple digit wide frame,(except 86's, but I don't know where they fit in, but it has a wide frame, an 8 hp engine, manual lift, and is gear drive...) if the last number is even, and the tractor is original, then it is a gear drive, and odd numbers are hydrostatic... For example: take my 149, it has a 14 hp engine, which makes up the 14 in the three digits, and it has a hydraulic lift, and is hydrostatic, thus giving it the 9, to make 149. Or, let's take a 128 for another example... is has a 12 hp engine, giving it the 12, and has a manual lift or "Armstrong Lever", and is gear drive, thus giving it the 8, which makes 128. Make sense?

Shane,

I think this is the pulley Steve is refering to. I am going to use this on a 44A deck. This pulley measures 4-1/4" OD and the original pulley was 5-1/8" OD.

50468.jpg

Sorry Glen.
pop.gif

Thanks Jerry. My belts are getting pretty long in the tooth also, so maybe it will be good to change the pulley and get new belts to fit it. The tension pulley almost dosen't do any work anymore because the belt is so streched out.

So with the pulley change and mowing a WOT it'll be 145 rpm faster.

It's ok Shane... but I wonder, how would you align a hood on a 1X8/9 (let's see who's been payin attention...) so that it doesnt sag like mine on the right side (on tractor, by lift lever) I've used a shim, but the top of the hood didn't shut right...
Oh and did they make discharge chutes for 42U type decks, anyone ever made one?

Well this is my first try at posting a picture. Here we go... My 782 and the snow we had Nov30.
50474.jpg

WOOHOO!!! I did it. That was my second pass and the snow was 16 inches deep. Made the V-Rod rumble.

Glen E. - Great stuff! Most of us wish we had half that amount to mess with.
buttrock.gif

We might get an inch tomorrow ... I'll have to get chains put on the 4x4 !
roflol.gif

We finally got some snow Sat. night, Sun. morning...about 3 inches worth. Not much, but better than nothing
lol.gif
I got the 1450 out and let it run a little to keep the battery charged up, then I shoved the drift away from the garage with the 1712. Sunday night, and tonight the 1250 had sled pulling duty
thumbsup_old.gif

Anthony........WTF is that crap, and why post it here?

Sry

it says i never get snow

whistling.gif

ahh bill why use "wtf" Whan you can use "wth"

Back