• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 23, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave K thats what happened the spring came off but i don't trust it any more.do you know why this happens. i just got back from the dealer with a new spring, it was a FREEBE that don't happen to much,but ill take it.

Travis:

I thought it was third gear? I did ask for some clarification on that statement in person. Apparently it was third gear, with the creeper in low!!

In the 70's here today. Went and picked up this candidate for really ugly 149.
15372.jpg

Brought it home and realized there's no room in the barn. Wife found out and sicked(what I thought was our) her Rottweiler on me!
15373.jpg

Hi Guys, As I promised and in keeping with the recent off topic theme here! Anyone recoginze this bridge?
15380.jpg

I'll tell you about it later!
happy.gif

About the bridge...

Located 9 miles (14 km) west of Edinburgh, the Forth Railway Bridge is a remarkable cantilever structure which is still regarded as an engineering marvel and is recognised the world over. The bridge was built to carry the two tracks of the North British Railway the 11/2 miles (21/2 km) over the Firth of Forth between South Queensferry and North Queensferry, at a height of 46m (150 feet) above the high tide.
Neat link to Scotland!
Gateway to Scotland
Lot's more about the bridge...
Forth Rail Bridge

BTW, I'm about 100% Scottish in my heritage.
Are there any Cub Cadet owners in Scotland? I know there are some in England.

Mr. Plow Special

No, the pan is black. THe whole engine is black and looks like a regular Kohler K301. It did not have the tin on it when I got it. It was bolted directly to the frame in the 1200. The pan nearly spanned the entire distance between the two frame rails.

Suspect it is also 2 quarts and not the regular 1 1/2 qts.

update on snowthrower resto...

my NF QA42 modified to fit a WF

15382.jpg

with the new weight bracket... hey the weights were free 10 15# and 2 5# off of the sleeve hitch

15383.jpg

bracket
15384.jpg

1" pipe, and a 'c' channel..works nice... digs in to push snow real fine...

and of course, SEAT TIME!!!
15385.jpg

This is the best snowfall I've seen in the last few years!! Just got in from plowin' snow. Man, I shoulda got the blower hooked up to the tractor!!

SNOW is on the way! Got some seat time on the 129 last night and today. Yesterday's ice storm turned to 2 1/2" of sleet. Hard to push. Like pushing heavy sand.

Weather guessers say between 1 and 7 inches depending on which guesser you watch.

Tried my big tractor after the "FIX". No go. Will have to push the 1450 out so I can re-change radial hydraulic pumps again (No. 3). A pain splitting the monster and dropping the front axle so I can get the pump out.

Thanks for the hint Gents,

Well I have a gravel driveway. So I keep the blower up so I don't shoot gravel into my car windows until it packs. Now is the time to lower it a little more I guess.

Thanks

Guy

Another Post,

Most of you guys are south of me. When the snow packs at minus 40 f or C. It is Hard Hard Hard. You just can't plow through it and blow it away. Whatever is on top. Then the waves start to happen you try to figure out the problem. I'll drop my blower again and let you know the results.

Guy

Charlie -

Don't worry, noone will ever claim that you sound smart
roflol.gif

John L., cool bridge!

Kent S., nice progress, keep the photos coming!!!

Scott T., nice job on the QA42. How about a shot of that NF to WF mod?

Jim C., good to see you post.

Mike, does that dog protect the Cubs? From you? :eek:) What is his/her name? At least the 149 has a hood and upper grill.

Latest posts

Back