• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 23, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Denny...
15331.jpg

I think there were two different boxes for the blower. A 3:1 and a 4:1 if I remember correctly. Theat's why I was thinking 1000-1500 RPM.

POOF.gif

Josh - what's it say at the top of the page??

<font color="ff0000">Questions regarding the specific value of any particular unit, implement or whatever are not allowed. Any posts containing such queries will be removed.</font>

i just had my NF QA42 box apart for inspection and it is a 2:1. the ratio may change when you add in the chain sprocket differences. i can check my tiller box when i get home... if i can get home...

i'm just left of the 'S' in syracuse... it's either lake effect, or the output from a QA42 in wisconsin....

15333.jpg

Scott,

How long is that driveshaft on the QA42 that goes from the gearbox to the sprocket drive?

Then you'd never have to leave the seat!!!

Hey Scott, I feel your pain, err cold. I grew up just west of Rochester NY and I miss all that lake effect snow.....

Charlie Mc:

You better hurry and get that 149 before I beat you to it. LOL. You sound desperate for another cub. Trying to con a law man out of one is pretty good.

I will try later tonite to post a pic of the 147 I recently got attached to the electric lift.

By the way, has a plow place and day ever been decided?

The last I remember was in Mn.

Keith-
Is that going to be dubbed the infamous "One Holer Cub"??? Looks sort of like an outhouse. Good thing it isn't green!

Mike

the drive shaft i have is 17.5" collapsed and 19.5" extended..(incuding shaft that the sprocket mounts on)

and for the gearbox, the tiller box, (4 bolt mount) is 1.5:1 (in/out)

Red Green would proud of that cab...
"if the women can't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy"

Keith,
That one gives a whole new meaning to seat time. I guess you'll always be "In the S--t house", rather the wife putin' you there!

Kraig, I loved those bridge photos! If I remember tomorrow, I'll post one for you I think is neat!
See if you can guess where it is!

Travis, SEW treated me very well on my conversions. I missed the thread where you said what you are putting it into! What model?

Would a Command Pro fit a 108? I wonder...

I may consider putting something special into a Cub someday in the future! After I get my new shop built! Look out if I do, that would be fun!
happy.gif

BTW, I've started a topic on WFM site on my dream shop ideas. I've started work on a shop at home for working on my projects. My projects have been taking over my business and I need to get them out of there!
happy.gif
I would really welcome ideas from anyone over here too!
Here's the link.
dream shop ideas
Thanks for any input! There are over 70 posts there on the subject...
All ideas and suggestions welcome and appreciated even if I don't use them!

Hi,

I am getting "wave action" in my driveway with my QA 42. I have two 50 lb wheel weights and lead in the tool box. It is like the blower is goes up and down and the rear wheels follow. Should I lower my blower some more?

Thanks again

Guy

John:

How much do the weights on the Black JD next to the good looking Cub weigh? They look familiar like a pair I have. Mine weigh 175 each.

Talking about you daily photo on you profile.

geeez's guy f., will you stop sendin that cold canadian air down here, its -21.8 my cubs don't like it. costs to much to heat the garage. guys from the south and west of n.h. send your snow to canada. tom b

Guy F,
I have a question for you!
Why are you holding the thrower up in the air in the first place?
That's why they have shoes/skids on each side to adjust the height of the thrower.
If you don't want to scrape the ground or driveway, drop that sucker down all the way. If you want to NOT cut down to ground level, Grab a wrench and something the right height that you want, loosin up the skids, put the blocks under each side of the cutting edge. Lower the thrower down on them. Drop the skids to the ground and tighten them up. Then when you throw snow, slam that sucker down and go for broke. That way you have clearance on the cutting edge and don't have to float your thrower.

(Message edited by cproctor on January 24, 2004)

There was a nice article about #409 written by Paul Bell in the Harverster Highlights. I also found this list of shows featuring IH.
15341.jpg

Frank M... Four of the weights on my 317SE are just the standard cast iron jd weights (about 55# each). I have one pair that weigh 65# each that I got from Travis at a plowday over at Steve's place year ago last fall I think. They look alot like the jd ones but have more square edges and are slightly thicker. Nice weights! Travis had a hard time getting them off the loader cub they were rusted to the rims
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back