• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 23, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning guys:Whwere is the best place to purchase Firestone 26x12x12 4 ply ag tires? My local dealer here in Canada says they only make 8 ply now. Is this true? I purchased a set of 4 ply off him a couple of years ago. Any help would be appreciated. Kent W

Kent W.
I know a few of the SPONSOR'S above can help you out and or Tucker Tire or Cedar Rapids Tire. I'd go for a sponsor first though, JMHO!

Kevin Dunham,

I finally got a chance to use the sweepster on the snow we had yesterday. I really need to get a lift set up on it. Otherwise it worked OK after I put the chains on. I also need front chains when trying to keep it in a straight line when there is glare ice underneath.

Jim E

Kent I just got a set mfrom my Firestone dealer and they do make them in 4 ply.You need the 10-1/2 wide rim to mount them on.

Kent I ordered a set fri. afternoon from our firestone dealer ,he said 4 ply only?? supposed to be here on mon.

I wonder why my stone dealer came up with this crazy story. I appreciate all the help.Thanks Kent

Well, another fun cub day!Lots of snow to plow. Am I the only one to shear off the angle lock pin on a front blade? Just got done with a rebuild on the A-frame. Pin was in bad shape, broken at both weldsand lower swivel plate was cracked loose. Now it is better than new minus paint. On the blade curve edges I have added a hardened edge so that the edge of the blade shell is reinforced. Seemed to help a lot, have a lot of curbing above sidewalk grade.
A new cutter bar sure does catch on everything!

Does anyone else have a hard time mounting a QA-42 on a NF?

The casting on that real pretty nose interferes with the quick attach elbow - I have to bring it up behind the casting and try to line it up with the frankenstein bolts and the latch while it as attached to the heavy 'blower.

When I was rehabbing the thing at the shop, I found that if I separated the housing fron the drive - pull the pivot shaft and separate the drive shaft - I could attach the mounting plate and then re-attach the blower with at the pivot.

After replacing the skid blade, welding up the rotor, and greasing the drive shaft, I find that I can't separate the drive shaft anymore. Is there a locking ring?

Guy

According to the IH operator's manual, you are supposed to let the snow blower "float".

That would eliminate the blower rocking the tractor.

Had a great Cub day. My friend who I am rebuilding/refurbishing his Original, came up today and we went ahead and replaced his input shaft for his transmission. Cause it was twisted and bent(remember that some of ya'll like to give us belt drive guys the business about belt drive) After that, he mentioned that we may as well drill the hole for the oil plug in Hotdog, so that the 10 can go in. Well, since the 7hp had to be removed to drill the hole, we figured we might as well drop in the 10hp. So we drilled out the holes so that the bolts could be accepted through the frame. Well, after the engine was installed, we figured that we should just get the 10hp to fire up and all. So after all that, we got the 10hp to kick over and I ran Hotdog around the house with the 10hp tonight!!! Man, it felt good to do that. I put all the items from the 7hp on so that I can make it ready to cut grass or whatever I want... I hope that you enjoy these pics.
15347.jpg

15348.jpg

Jeff put a 14hp in it I did one about 5 years ago easy swap with a wide base pan weld a piece of flat on either side andline it up .
15350.jpg
15351.jpg

add a fuel pump and put the gas tank under the seat.the center line is 1 inch higher than the 7hp.I need to make a bigger pulley for the flywheel it is too slow needs more ground speed when plowing plenty of power.

I just found this plow day listed on YT calander on April 17, 2004 and was wondering if any body knows where it will be located(It sounds green to me)?

Name: Antique Plowing Da
Subject: Show
Comment: 1othh Annual Antique Plowwing Day Join us as we plow 70 acres with tractors from the past. You are all welcome to bring your own exhibit and take part. Antique auction the following day with many John Deere Items.

I am looking for a show or event to attend in March or early April in the IN or IL as I will be takin a trip to IL before PD III PA to pickup the M&W. So far I have IH spring round up in Auburn, IN or a 3 day IH auction in Columbiana, IN. E-mail me if you know of any events thanks.

Guy F:

Digger is absoultely right. Adjust the thrower as he says and go for it.

John:

Thanks. They looked like the ones I recently found, there were pics a few months back. Was trying to figure out where they came from so I could get some more for some of the my other cc's. I have mine on one of my 1450's and wanted some for my other 1450, 129 and 1200's.

Mike:

I would think one could take a piece of plate steel, drill and chamfer the holes to match the 7hp holes and then bolt the 14hp with the wide mounts to the plate. Thereby not damaging the original's frame by welding on it. Justa thought as I have considered doing that to an original I have that came without an engine.

No fun here right now. 1/2" of solid ice. No snow so no seat time.

Finally can now get room for my cubs. Finally found a working Hydraulic pump for my MF1135 that has been in the way for a year. Finished yeaterday, out the door and in with the 1450 for an overhaul.

William "D",
Be sure to let us know ETA to Illinois. Wouls like to hook up with you again! I'll even help ya' load the M&W.

Frank M. I thought the same thing. I hated drilling the hole for the oil plug... But, what about the oil pan on the larger engines. They have that lengthened stroke that requires the oil pan to be machined with the rounded portion for the rod.

That was the main reason I went with the 10hp.

Mike M. Thanks for the pic. That would be fun! I just wanted a few more ponies for the deck. The 7 seemed anemic in taller grass... I just wanted to try and cut 12" grass in third...
lol.gif

BTW, I am off to San Diego, Ca here today for a school that the Navy is sending me to. I won't be on here much if at all for the next week. Now Art can have rest from at least one of the guys who are always jestering him!

Come on Jeff, we all know that the 7hp will cut 12" grass in second gear
lol.gif

IMPORTANT PRODUCT SERVICE BULLETIN
To my valued friends and customers using the Billet Breather Cover with remote breather tube, it is important that you disconnect the rubber tube at the cover fitting when operating your tractor in very cold conditions. It is suggested this be done when temperatures are below 32 deg F. I experienced a complete blockage of the breather tube when running my tractor at 5 deg F. ambient conditions. After shutdown, I noticed a cylindrical icicle extruding from the tube. Tube was completely blocked. Fortunately nothing bad happened but could result in dip-stick poping out or, worse yet, blown oil seals.

Back