• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" When the snow is deep and the windrows get big, slow speeds don't carry enough momentum to keep you moving and you just spin out. Small drives with limited snow probably don't push the envelope as much as big drives out in the wind blown and drifted areas.

3rd really isn't too dangerous, as the tractor still spins out before snow load becomes a big enough problem to be dangerous....BUT don't use 3rd with out a correctly functioning spring trip for those "oops" moments (still not too big of a deal, even WOT in 3rd at 7 mph)."

Steve I'll agree on two points, a small driveway probably doesn't "push the envelope".. And a properly operating spring trip blade is your best friend! I had forgotten to "unlock" my blade once. It'll only happen that one time I can assure you! I learned my lesson, hence my opinion! LOL..

Also when I do plow the snow back, I always go to the extreme to make room for the next snow fall!

MIKE - I know what you mean about plowing the first snow WAY way back. I just wish the ground was frozen that early in the winter.

When I plow with the big tractor I put all the weight from the front of the tractor down on the blade, carry the front wheels, and the ends of the 80 inch wide blade always seem to catch some dirt where the ground is uneven.

It's funny, I never realized the CC blades had a lock-out feature on the trip mechanism until I was looking over my blade after I bought it 1-1/2 yrs ago. I even looked up the owner's manual to see if it was factory!

If all else fails!
PUSH!
234662.jpg

Wow 10 posts a day ! Someone must have some questions. I bought some new grease fittings today, but of course they don`t fit. Did the old style grease fitting have a taper on the part that gets tapped in place with a BFH .
whistling.gif

I will have to try again in the am for small fittings . Thanks Don T
old.gif
lurking.gif

Snow bank...
Where the snowman keeps his money...

All the snow here has been washed away by the rain,glad I did not rassle with the thrower on the 125 this year.Seems like it will be a mild winter here in N.J.

Don: Check out Lowes if they have a store in your area, they have a good selection of "standard" grease fittings. I like to tap the holes for press-in fittings out to 1/4"-28. The thread-in type grease fittings can be purchased anywhere grease fittings are sold, in the States, anyway. You may find Metric taps and grease fittings more easily available in your area.

Note: the reason I like the screw-in type fittings is that it is easier to remove and replace them.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back