• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,
Somethig about your set up looks kinda familiar. Now all you need is a cab (HAHA). Glad its coming together for you. Good luck, Jim

Nic,

Didn't think you were complaining at all!
happy.gif

I helped a friend fix a thrower that had the u-joint knocks, so I am automatically drawn to check that out on every one I see.....like I said, once you have "been there" you always notice.

Brian B.

Looking good, and running even better!!! A good strong 18hp on a 42" thrower is a MONSTER in the snow!!!! Zerk for the slip joint could be drilled and tapped for 1/4"x20 zerk with no problems if it came to that......

Thanks for all the ideas on getting out a broken button on the lift handle. I worked on it a while today and came so close, but it didn't come out. I was able to get the button a little closer to the end of the handle by taking out the notched arc gizmo (official technical term) down at the base of the handle and that allowed the broken button to move up a little bit to where I could at least get a pair of needle nose vise grips on the peg. I even took a dremel and made flat spots on each side the peg and it still would not unscrew. I tried heat, no dice. The only way I could get any PB Blaster is to remove the entire handle assembly which is probably what will happen after the snow season. I have my snow blade on there right now and will probably need it a few more times this winter. The lockout still works and I think what I will do as a temporary fix is to just JB Weld the broken part of the button back on the broken half just to hold it in place. Thanks all.

Dennis, Brian, when I first got my 122 the hytran was really low, when I filled it up all of it ran out the axel seals. Should have noticed the wheels had oil residue on them before I did that. My 122 has the bushings I replaced them with new ones but didn't know I could have put bearings in at the time.

Can I do this?
1a_scratchhead.gif

By Randy L. Akins (Rakins) on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 05:07 pm:

Hello, I am a new user to this site, I apologize if I am not in the right place, I am trying to get a message to Don Tanner, I have a 1772 cub cadet with a bad driveshaft, I have been trying to contact someone on this forum that can help me, I am looking to replace this shaft with a CV shaft from a cub cadet 1440, I am not sure how to make this work from the original transmission shaft to the fine spline, I read on here that Mr. Tanner is the man to talk to on this topic, any help would be appreaciated, thanks, Randy L. Akins

Don ain't gonna see this in Comings and Goings because he doesn't know if HE's coming or going.
happy.gif

A passing Alberta clipper gave us about an inch today, enough to play a bit. Photos in the sandbox.

Ouch Frank must be you know him well, any help would be appreaciated, I picked this up last year and am looking forward to getting this beast working again, when I get a chance I will get some pics on here.

Randy A.
Why not click on his name, go to his profile and send him an email????

OR,
Post in the CCC/MTD section where it's not OFF TOPIC like this page is.

Frank C.
NO you can't!

I tried to send him an e-mail but it would not let me for some reason, any other ideas?

Thanks Steve,

Plan on pulling everything back apart this weekend to address the shaft issue. Figuring about a week or so for the new upper arms so I've got plenty of time to take care of that zerk so I can rephrase then.

Nic,

It's ok, Steve was right and I figured the highly trained eagle eyes here would chatch it. Lol. I would have been a little bummed out if nobody said anything. :)

Thanks for everyone's help! Hope to have some action shots soon.

Back