• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 10, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank C., that looks quite normal for that vintage of Cub Cadet. Having <strike>said</strike> written that, now would be the perfect time to replace the cork gasket between the hydrostatic pump and the rear end. Your 125 appears to be in great condition.

Tom, <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Frank "C", screw the 125 lets see the Vette!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

bottom.gif

Slant%20Tongue.gif
proud.gif

Greg, I don't know, it looks like you did just as good of a job as Kendell:

219456.jpg

Dennis Frisk
Yep I seem to remember Kent wood told me he runs 12 psi in his puller with turfs. I finished the weight install on the 149 and can move over to my 125 and take it apart . I put 8 lbs in the tires and added 50 lbs . That should work on the 149. lifting the blade I see I realy need to get that repaired. I have about four inches of slop before anything happens.The lift handel needs new parts from a QL installed on the rod.

219461.jpg

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
My 125, What do I have to do to get the pan off that the fenders bolt to? I want to take out the rear end and rebuild the trunion and new cork gasket today. I never had this apart before.
help.gif

Don T.-

That 149 looks ready to bark! I really like your super heavy duty rubber seat bumpers. If these guys rattle at all it will be coming from the seat mount/bracket...especially the 14 horse.

I think it ought to be an ongoing suggestion that anytime a hydro is split the $4 pump gasket should be replaced. It's so simple and can really save some money should a leak occur. I still have one that needs replacing and the leak has cost me the price of a gallon of hytran so far. I have caught the fluid for use elsewhere but that's expensive stuff to be going in an old log splitter (after straining).

Didn't Kendall I. or someone recently post this procedure somewhere?

Wayne Shytle
Yep The 149 barks from the stack when I`am using it.A few tanks of gas have gone through it since a 0.030 engine rebuild.Lots of torque with the timing set a little diferent and the laser digital tachometer to get the rps at wot and idle set by speck. It was worth the effort . I have a bear of a tractor with no complaints. Well made be that small pin on the lift handle
bash.gif

The 125 has an odd filter on the hydro ?? wonder how long its been on there ?Could this filter be original ?
1a_scratchhead.gif
I was doing gas station work going through V S.,and never seen these in years.

219464.jpg

Don, look at Frank C's posts below. Note the bottom photo there are 4 bolts that hold each fender to the seat support. Remove those 4 bolts from each fender, total of 8 bolts. Also there are two bolts holding the bottom front of each fender to the foot rest remove all 4 of those bolts, two per side. once the fenders are off then the seat support can be removed from the frame, those bolts should be obvious to you when you get the fenders off.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
The verry first thing I did was break a seat pan bolt.
219469.jpg

But I moved on .

219470.jpg

219471.jpg

I`am thinking slide it back after removing the hydro controlls and brake rod.I have to remove the front coupler on the drive shaft.I have a piece of plastic pipe cut to keep the shaft in alingment to install.Brain waves these day have to be writen down.
old.gif

Don T,

you need a sticker

Dang archiver...

Latest posts

Back