• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look what i got today free free free.
49533.jpg

49534.jpg

49535.jpg

Michael -- here is a decent shot of the steering wheel cap on an original condition 127, which will be the same as on the 147. Hope this helps -- Hank

49540.jpg

Daniel,

Is that a 1200 trying to mate with a 127???
crazy.gif

Art!!! How the heck are you?? Glad to see you still kicking.
happy.gif
Nice quick jab there with the punch line.
lol.gif

aaytay, thanks for that picture, maybee thats what happened to mine, the plate was upside down? When I pulled the cover off there was a good amount of oil in there so maybee that was the problem, other than that the motor runs great , it has a new crank, rod and piston. When the new gaskets come in the mail and its all back together, I will be sure to let you guys know how it turned out.Thanks again

I need some help from someone that is a little more knowledgable about the MTD Cubs than I am. Which is to say everyone!
proud.gif

Anyhow I am lookin at a Cub Cadet 383 hydro lawn tractor that is selling pretty cheap close to me. Very nice shape but the motor is blown, Big hole in the side of the block. I don't think the engine is original to the tractor. All I can read in the picture is Formula 12.5hp off the top of the engine. How hard would it be to find a good original style engine? Would any newer engines fit easily? Is it even worth messing with?

Hello,long time lurker, first time poster. I have found a Haban 402-E sickel mower that appears to have had very little use (paint still on bottom of bar). I have to get back to the seller this weekend,am I crazy to buy this? I have absolutly no use for it other than to say I have one. I do have an extra tractor (why???) to put it on.Seller says only thing missing is pipe and hanger that attaches to draw bar. Does anyone have a photo of these parts? Also,I seem to recall reading a few years ago that the cutters for these are NLA, am I mistaken?

Got to agree with Charlie, buy it for sure. Put one on my stepfathers green machine this summer, actually real nice to use. Simple install on cubs, not like those rubber band drive machines.

MIKE REED....I WOULD MAKE YOU ONE AS I HAVE ENOUGH STEEL TUBING AND COLD ROLL STEEL TO MAKE YOU ONE,BUT I WANT TO HOOK THE STEERING UP AND ACTUALLY TURN IT WITH THE WHEEL BEFORE I PERFECT IT.WITHOUT THE STEERING GEAR HOOKED UP IT TURNS VERY SMOOTHLY NOW.JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS IN WORKING ORDER BEFORE I GIVE YOU A DEFINITE (OK)!KEEP IN TOUCH,VERN.

Jim,

You probably can't get the guards, but the sickle sections match the ones that IH used, easy replacement.

Digger - ya need any snow ? We've got more for next Monday / Tuesday. We had almost white out conditions yesterday. It'd snow hard a while then quit and almost let sunshine through then come another hard snow/wind. It did that til around 5pm. When it first started we had about 2 inches on the road then it melted in about 4 hours. I thought I might get the Cub out of the garage and play but I went site seeing instead.
All you guys up north with the fire breathing Cubs cocked and locked waiting for the first snow flake to fall must be scarring it down this way.

I am moving south!! KentuckKen gets all the fun and I get rain. Something is not right about this!

I can't wait to see what kinda "little cubbies" Daniel's pair is going to have!!
whistling.gif

Pops

Thought I would show you guys my touch up on my O that I done night before last,these are by far the easyest tractors to refurbish.
49571.jpg

You could still see the overspray"lol"and I also lettered my tires what do you all think,Im still debaiting on them???
49575.jpg

49576.jpg

P.S.digger I hit enter between pics and after pic hope I did it right,Ive got kinda used to you getting me and would kinda miss the head tapping you give out"lol"
pop.gif

Back