• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 06, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaton

displayname
Todd Heaton
I got bitten by the archive bug again...GHRRRR
74946.jpg

74947.jpg

74948.jpg

Hi all,
I'm new to the list as of yesterday. I've recently purchased my second 149 that has a decent 48" deck. My other 149 has a 42" deck, a tiller, Qa42 snowthrower, 42" blade, Deluxe Cab & most of a very good 48" deck. My ol' 149 has been my workhorse for many years & is getting tired. Though she never fails to get the job done. I was wondering where to source a new set of soft doors & the front apron for the deluxe cab? I'll have many more questions as time goes by, I'm sure. This looks like a great forum!
Darryl

Welcome Darryl....
Worked in Whitehouse a long time ago..At Rexam..
Don't have the answer to your cab question but am sure someone will pipe up with your answer...
buttrock.gif

Darryl B.
What Kurt said, Welcome.

As far as doors go. New doors are very very hard to find, but they are out there.
Just be ready to pay big bucks for'um.

On another note, I picked up this little guy today,with the original box.
thumbsup_old.gif

It's even got the instrument side decals that are being made flat again, LOL
74950.jpg

Darryl welcome to the gang.
On a different note, I pulled the head off Deere Hunter this afternoon. The oil burning finally got to me. There was a lot of carbon build up and the screw from the throtle butterfly beat the top of the piston up a bit but other than that it lloks good I think I'll bore .010 over and new bearings and seals/gaskets. I had sparks come from behind the flywheel awhile back than it quit charging. If memory serves me right someone was talking about a 25 amp stator. Seems to me this would be a good time to put it in. I run with a full set of DOT lights with work lights and a stobe. I'm sure the load of starting, the two way radio, the PTO and the draw of the spinner on the salt spreader doesn't help either. I'm pretty sure I burnt the system out, I need more power. If anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be great.

OK-someone send snow. It made it to 73 with a nice wind from the south. Just strange for this time of year.

At the rate the snow is leaving around here, plow day might be early this year. As soon as the rebuild is done I'll want to play in the dirt.

Hi guys.Would someone please tell me what the proper colors are for the IH emblem on the front of my 1200.Thanks-K.W.

Well Charlie, it's 63 now and they think maybe rain and tornadoes this evening as it cools again. expecting a 15 degree drop for a while.

Has anyone tried setting up rear duel wheels by just bolting the wheels together good and tight? Think friction might hold them to each other? It's a little soft for pulling wood right now. I keep digging holes with the tire chaines.

TODD H. - Yes Ross made the steering gearboxes for ALL Cub Cadets and most other brands too.
I put a new gearbox in the 72 last winter that I bought 5-6 yrs ago....old box was wore out. New box was quite a bit different than the old ones. Almost paid more for the gearbox than I did for the tractor when I bought it in Jan.'81.

morning all . Can someone tell me were to buy the belt that goes between the engine and tranny on my Original?
coffee.gif

k-241 with no spark, anyone have a quick tip for troubleshooting. Engine ran fine 2 wks ago.

disregard last post, engine now running fine with a new set of points. However next problem is clutch or the aparent lack of.

I picked up this cultivator over the weekend. I was wondering how you attach the "wings" of the cultivator to the braces that hold the "wings" out. I'm thinking there should be some kind of u-bolt or something that holds the brace to the "wing". What am I missing here?
75002.jpg

Tim,

You may have already replaced them, but check the coil and condenser, as a bad one of either would take out your points...

As far as the clutch goes, you're on your own... I'm a hydro guy...
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back