• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 06, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey KEN-tuk...
with my last post, I think we need a Hydro smiley, and a gear-drive smiley... The hyro one can go back and forth w/o clutching....

Jim, is that a brinley if it is there sould be two more mounts just like the knifes clamp into for those support rods.

Thanks Scott, already replaced condensor, will have to dive into the manual for clutch info.

tim

Jim,

75004.jpg

Tim K, Check the clutch adj first. There is a good description of it in the faq's page. I am in the process of rebuilding my 128 clutch. Mine was at the end of its lifespan, when I began overhauling the entire tractor. I thought going in that I would only need a clutch disc, and I was going to put in a new T/O bearing while I was there. What I found was, that after 30+ years of use, almost everything has some degree of wear.
Ofcourse my only "limited knowledge" of Cub clutch drives is on wideframes. Good luck!!

Scott T, I think maybe a pic of a gear drive giving a hydro a tow after all of the HY-tran leaked out would look great to me!
bazooka.gif

thanks Todd, will check that out. hope thats all it is, makes an awfull lot of noise. hope I'm not in over my head with this one.

Kraig, Tim- thanks for the replies. Are parts for these cultivators still available from Brinly? I think I'm missing a few pieces. Nothing that would be too difficult to fabricate I don't think, but would be nice to get the parts if possible.

Don T. the belt for an Original should be available at any CC dealer. IH-376230-R1 should be the number. Roger

Jim, I believe that most parts are NLA, however there are a few people that have spares squirreled away.....

Charlie, just got back from meeting up with Jerrod, very nice guy! You should see the 149 he has, it has the original paint and what appears to be a PERFECT original seat, it is a beauty! I should have brought my camera!
bash.gif

Oh yeah, I picked a little something up for you.
buttrock.gif

75006.jpg

75007.jpg

I have, but did not take a photo of, the chute rotator rod, the support for the chute rotator rod and the right side upper link.

Kraig,
THANKS MAN!
thumbsup_old.gif

I didn't know you were gonna go snag it tonight, LOL
Man that thing looks better than the pics he sent me.

Charlie, I figured why wait!
happy.gif

BTW, Jerrod might be registering in the near future.

Jim T.
I there's a guy by the name of Robb Kruger that has been collecting parts and pieces for those for a LONG time.

Charlie, Robb is the guy I was referring to in my post to Jim....
lol.gif

Todd...

I guess it's 'Let the games begin!!''

Scott T, just having the same fun that you are! I am partial to the gear drive simply because its the only one I have. Seems to me that all of the cubs are pretty well battle tested. LOL
beerchug.gif

Hydros out number gear drives here 4:1 ... when/if my latest one makes here tomorrow ;)

Latest posts

Back