• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 10 years and almost 160,000 miles on the clock, I decided to replace the Burb.

228876.jpg

Kraig-
Thanks!

Yeah, I don't know when the next road trip will be, but I do know IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!!!!
Shift.gif
vroom.gif

Art,

Nice new ride. Should serve well as the new road trip vehicle.

You reminded me I forgot to post my new wheels. I thought needed something for a back work truck up truck.
1984 F250 300 6cyl 4speed 56000 original miles. I knew the guy back in Illinois that bought it new. Very basic truck. Only option is power brakes.

228959.jpg

228960.jpg

John, wow, that's clean for a 1984! Yikes, looks like a parking brake wasn't even offered as an option!
icon_eek.gif

228979.jpg

Kraig,

Thanks it is a very clean truck for an 84. The block is just insurance. I haven't had the guts to try the parking brake. I don't want to find out it won't release right now. I had that there becasue I left it running for a bit after I moved it.

Home of the Plow Special (Aaytay)

Art I feel mabee I should not show from shame what I use as a Cub Cadet hauler with all the meat you all have. But just to show how poor I`am here is the picture. My Ram diesel

229071.jpg

only 360 hp and 712 torgue to the back tires.now needing a new torque converter.1995 237000 km on it now.just getting broke in lol. well broke cause of my heavy foot .
bash.gif

John-
That thing is in REALLY nice shape for a 1984! Keep it off these WI roads after about mid-November, and it will look like that for a long time to come!

Don-
Now THAT's a REAL truck!
thumbsup.gif

Don, Your truck looks awsome and should run good. I have a 2001 dodge just like yours but black and 6 speed standard. Very nice truck.

She aint much but I still love her haha. Had this truck since I was fifteen and I even took my license test in it. Got it parallel parked faster than the girl in a prius next to me could. Only wish it had the detroit 6.5L turbo diesel and a long bed, especially with my toolbox.

230020.jpg

230021.jpg

its a 1997 GMC k1500 with the 350 Vortec and electric 4x4 (no stick on the floor...wish it had a manual transfer case...) and its pushin about 260,000 now. my 149 fits in it nicely nose first with the tailgate down(damn three point gets in the way sometimes). Not perfect but it gets the job done.

I know what your saying Glen. I still have my first truck I bought it used back in fall of '96 with 74K on it. Nicely rolled over 350K on it a week ago. Original 350, V8 in it with the only major thing being done to it - cab corners rotted out and needed to weld in new ones. Yes, it has rust over the wheel wells and the poor tailgate has seen better days - but its PAID FOR and its all mine. Hauls my 982 around just fine as well as just about anything else you put in it. My kids think I am NUTS that I still have my first truck and have never owned another one. Oh well, I guess when you still have your first ATV & snowmobile you bought, I guess I might have a condition that needs to be medically treated?? I would love to see the motor roll 450K

Mike, Im sure with proper maintenance and care it just might make it. theyre tough trucks for what they are and mine has its quirks but nothing I cant handle. Im eventually going to invest in a small single axle trailer for the cub, that way I can haul it and its attachments without having to make trips or use multiple vehicles
thumbsup_old.gif

Glen - nice truck! My daughter wants the same truck, same body style, extended cab '90s Chev or GMC. I called on one the last week, left the guy a message but he didn't return my call so I figured it was sold. Yesterday I saw it still sitting with the for sale sign...so maybe I'll try again

Art,

Thanks it is a nice find and should be a fun toy. I have plan to keep it of the road this winter for the most part. I plan to start rust clean up and some new coatings on the frame and underside next year. I have a lot of other plans that I will be gathering parts for of the winter and may work on it some this winter if I get room made in the shop.

Yes, pretty much Tom! You know, the backyard mechanic I have used all these years to do work on it says to never get rid of it. He says I am further ahead with this vehicle than most of the ones made new these days. Kinda like a Cub! Quality goes a long way!!

DON T. - Did you get your CUMMINS...errr I mean RAM back on the road again?

Guys here is the Dodge Ram 5.9 T Diesel update. I had my new single billet torque converter rated at 500 hp and 1000 ft torque installed. It was build special for the Diesel and has a 1600 rpm stall. All I can say is WOW ! why did I wait so long to do this.On the same piece of road from one point to another it will pull 20 mph fast with hardly the fuel petal I used to use.Pulled 6th lbs last night and found myself speeding.My Cub hauling trailer is getting new tail lights (led 10 cluster) and I think with five Cubs on it, I won`t know they are back there lol.I have plans for water meth injection and an exhaust brake yet to install.WM will lower exhaust temps from 1200 to 1000 and give me another 90 hp and more torque. I should see near 30 mpg now and 16 towing my fiver at 16000 lbs combined weight.Today we are heading out camping with the fiver(10500 lbs) for a 4 day trip. We had our anniversary (36 yrs) tuesday . I spent all day at the shop getting the new TC installed,so today I will drag the fiver out for a small trail run.I don`t know why Dodge ever build the Ram with the 5.9 and used a 2000 stall Tc . the 1600 stall is like a chevet to a corvet difference in go.with Water meth and another 90 hp I should be somewhere around 450 hp and 900 torque. Time for another dyno run for my truck lol. Later Don T
board-post.pl

( a stock 1995 5.9 Cummins would have 160 hp and 320 torque)

Latest posts

Back