• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodsmith

displayname
Rodney Smith
RODS I.H. CUB CADET HAULER!

219132.jpg

219133.jpg

mfg:2006 BIG TEX! (96"long x53" wide)
Pulls nice loaded or empty, with V6 RANGER!
Treated floor and well built,except loading ramp.
It was built for todays plastic and tin mowers.
I had to add more bracing and heavier mesh,
after running cub cadets up and down very few times and breaking it out! LOL
1a_scratchhead.gif

ROD

Good cub hauler Rodney. I am waiting for warmer weather to paint mine. Got my wheels cleaned and two of them painted. This is before and aftere
219141.jpg

219142.jpg

Luther,
Wheels turned out good! Post pics when you get trailer painted.I want to paint mine sometime,
CC colors!
I always thought if a person had correct wheels and find nice I.H. hubcaps,be nice to mount on CC HAULER!
Look at the crossbars on my tailgate.I welded them in that way with plans to paint in I.H.
MAYBE SOMETIME! LOL

Rodney i first painted them with P O R 15 which is self leveling. Then painted finish color on while p o r is still tacky. No Primer.????? We will see how this works. It has worked well on mower deck and wheels before.
219186.jpg

My son put up a sign on my trailer that said End of time construction company, so i done some more work on it. Painted my other wheels and trailer. I still need to do some touch up, lights,and tool boxes.
222405.jpg

222406.jpg

222407.jpg

Denny/son FYI...potential '04+ F150 recall on fuel pump controller. #2 son replaced controller on my F150 Saturday, spare tire must come down to access on left side on my SuperCrew. It corroded thru diecast aluminum back of controller & exposed circuit board/electronics to shut down engine... just like turning key off. Fortunately 8AM call, I got personal road service to Mad City location & part available at one out of 3 local dealers. He has replaced it on his later '04 SuperCrew & his brother-in-law's '06 SuperCrew previously. Part # for my F150's VIN... 5L8Z-9D370-A = $100+... Maybe save someone the cost of a tow. If U replace controller save part for future ?recall? for reimbursement.

PAUL - Thanks for the tip. I'll let SON know. I bet I know which Ford Store had the part!

Son's '06 still has about a year of factory warranty left because of it's "in-Service date". Think he's just over 30,000 miles. Had 28,800 when he bought it back in Sept. His commute to work is about EIGHT miles per day. Tank of gas lasts him a MONTH if he doesn't go out to eat more than 2-3 times a week.

TRAILER TIRES:

With all of the import tires out there I need some help.

If you had to put new tires on your rig (tandem axle, TS-205-75-R15-C, loaded weight 6000-6500#..in this case a 28' travel trailer) to run cross country at 60-65 mph in the summer, what brand would you use and why?

Personal experiences with specific brands?

My TT needs new tires before vacation this year and with the multitude of "China Bombs" out there, I could use any feedback you guys may have.

Finally about done with the cub hauler. Just need some decals installed.
223797.jpg

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

I was looking at trailer tires for my fifth wheel,I found most st (special trailer) tires are not to be driven over 60 mph do to blow outs from the heat.There was a long talk on trailer tires on the DTR form http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/rv-tire-help-crazy-blow-out-t286216.html My fifth wheel has a gross weight of 10,500 and I will have a set of E rated tires installed this spring. I plan to use Michelin LTX (light truck) because they take 80 psi and can stand the high speed running with out the blow outs.I tow at 68 ,70 mph and my trailer came with wrangler LT on it new and i`am replacing those with Michelin LTX M/S 2 LT 215/85 16 in a few weeks.

Don,

Agreed, but I can't come up with any LT tires to match 205x75xR15 tires. The 15" rim is a deal breaker.

Well this one hurt but had to give up my big Dmax due to the rotten finances.
bash.gif
But on the bright side I found a nice International replacement product to help easy the pain.
ihrotate.gif
Little rough on the edges but I think there is something to work with.

224763.jpg

well i have always been a ford powerstroke guy but not sure what happened now i will try the duramax brand seems like a nice truck [hope so]
225734.jpg

New limited edition Case IH Ram 3500 Cub Cadet hauler.Check out the logo in the grill.
227992.jpg

Mike, very nice! Neat CASE<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> logo.

Nice trucks Chris and Michael. Here is my 2003 Chevy Avalanche and my just done 1953 Chevy Truck. They are exactly 50 years apart - the '53 (built by me in 8 months) is painted with the same GM black as the avalanche. Its fun to cruise around in and when I get my "O"82 done, it will look good in the back.
228444.jpg

Aaron, Nice pair, you do pretty decent work. I don't usually post on your stuff cause I hate getting drool on the key board but for a chevy I can keep it under control
happy.gif

Here's a couple pics of my cub hauler!! I picked up 2 O's and my 71 by stuffing them in the back of my Honda Element. Just barely fit an O' with timed deck, had 1" of clearance on each side of wheel wells! Have hauled several other cubs with a rental trailer, soon need to break down and buy a cub trailer. Just waiting for the right one to come along, like an IH trailer!!

228845.jpg
228846.jpg

Latest posts

Back