• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcharette

displayname
Dave Charette
Don T.
The guy I bought my 1650 from wanted $2500 for it in September.I paid $960 last week for it.

Here it is a new year and I am done in the dog house with the wife. I have been on the run buying parts for my 105. Running good, Hydro not sure of. Lewis Palma nice 125 I just wish I was not down in lower kentucky, deals like that are hard to find here! Keep cubbing and stay safe. Been looking for a rear lift for my 105 if anyone can help. I am going to restore this 1100 too just not now!

1100 NOT MUCH BUT GOING TO RESTORE SOME DAY}
219101.jpg

Regarding tiller pricing...

Thanks so much to everyone who advised me on the tiller. I've decided to pass at this time, mainly due to the fact that the Craigs list ad doesn't state it, but I discovered in the ebay ad that the unit was "seller refurbished." (I was assuming it was just in great condition and I was weighing that in considering whether to purchase or not...) It also turned out to be a 1A - which I gathered less desirable then a 2. Finally, the $475 turned out to not include the mule drive or spring assist sleeve hitch. The information you all provided me was invaluable in saving what I consider and reasonable sum of money and I really appreciate it.

After having read the other posts in the thread, my apologies for violating the no appraisal rule by requesting pricing info. I was just wanted to make a fair offer and had no idea of what the unit should go for. I was unaware of a policy against such a post (hadn't read rules closely enough) and will make sure not to do it again. This site and the help offered has been invaluable to me, so again my apologies.

-Calvin

Calvin L: The only thing a tiller seller should normally include is the only thing that came from the factory with a tiller: the 90* gear box. The PTO clutch, mule drive, IH 3p lift, and lift spring assist (IH or Brinly) were all dealer installed optional equipment items but required pre-requisites for installing the tiller and gear box. Ya have to buy those separately. Tiller sellers, as a rule, do NOT include those in the sale!! You need to get these ahead of time and IMHO have them installed on your Cub Cadet before you buy a tiller...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Guys I`am told I have a number 1 tiller that is missing the cover for the tines
bash.gif
. What is the difference in a number 1 and 2 ? I see another tine can be added to my tiller.Is it a not so great tiller and should I just part it and find a number 2? Thanks always Don T
old.gif

Joel D., I do the same thing, look through the classifieds to see what stuff has sold for or been advertised for in the past. And where it's located, as that certainly effects the price.
thumbsup.gif

Lewis P., <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

My point?
These are cool little tractors,but...
You know what they say in Philly..
It is what it is.
And it is just a lawn tractor...

Let the comments commence...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
<font size="-1"><font face="Verdana">One comment; they're actually GARDEN Tractors...</font></font>

There is no difference between a #1 and a #2 other than the number and the fact that the extensions are permanent on the #2. Otherwise, there is no difference. I don't understand why that would make a 1 or 1A less desirable than a 2...
confused.gif

Matt Gonitzke
thanks for that info. I was lucky to find a tiller and I will have to make a cover for the tines as its missing. I do have three long belts and and all the other parts to use it . I will try and install it this spring and see what it will do.
thumbsup_old.gif

Well! I didn't get that Cub original I was talking about a few weeks ago. Guy must have sold it. never e-mailed me back after our first conversation. Anyway, I found a mint (well near mint)condition QA36A Snowthrower I am gonna get. Guy said he only used it a handful of times and has been sitting in his barn for many years. Is there an installation manual online somewhere? Hopefully I will get it this week!

219105.jpg

219106.jpg

JB - Good looking QA-36A. If that blower spent years in his barn, his barn was sure a WHOLE LOT CLEANER than my Dad's barns were! Or he really spent time & effort to clean it up! Thing looks brand-new.

If this site has an installation manual, go back to the forum list page and the next-to-the bottom forum is "MANUALS".

Thanks Dennis. I found the manual. Yes, he said there was some surface rust and I thought it would be ALOT worse from other snowthrowers I have seen, but this one is in LIKE NEW condition. Can't wait to get it. I will post some pics when I get it installed on my 149.

JB

JB,
icon_eek.gif
WOW that is in amazing condition!!! CUBgratulations on a VERY nice find.

It's being delivered right to my house tommorrow after work. Yes, I said delivered. Got a killer deal too! Slightly over $100.
lol.gif

JB where you wearing a mask because you robbed him..LOL....what a deal you hit a homerun

JB - WOW, 25+ yrs ago I had to drive 30 miles to pick up My QA-36 and paid $90 for it and thought I had a deal. Then I spent a day reworking it to fit BACK on my NF #72. It had been modified to fit a 1450.

I have a number 2 tiller and would actually prefer the number 1 if I had the choice. There's times when the number 2 is a couple inches too wide after stuff starts to grow in the garden.

Haha! No I wasn't wearing a mask. It was like a dream come true though. I put an ad on craigslist for one, had several people want to sell me a QA42A for between $250 and $300 and then this beauty came along. He even said he'd deliver it since he will be coming my way for work. I just can't believe how nice of shape it is for being so old.
proud.gif

Matt:

RE: #1A & #2 tillers.

I have used both and find the #2 to be much less likely to hammer, bang, and shake the housing, especially in tougher soils. The added stiffness afforded by the 1 piece housing with wider bracing is an advantage IMHO. Not a big advantage over a #1 in decent shape, but I do think there is a difference. I wouldn't wait for a #2 if a nice #1 showed up for sale, but given 2 tillers in the same condition to pick from, I'd own the #2.

JB,
Dang-Diggy-Dang!! That looks better than the one I restored!!! It would be neat to take a lot of pics to document all the decals and decal placement of this time capsule...

Latest posts

Back