• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Sometimes I forget there's people out there that have never seen one or both. Especially when it's so obvious to me.
biggrin.gif

I am still learning on this end. I would love to see em all and better yet own them all. Again, I'am not worthy!!!...

Snowthrowers are easy! Ya got the BB36 (2 versions) for the Original. There's the CW36 and the CC36/CC42 which are bolt on only snowthrowers that fit the 70/100 on up through the 73, 1x6/7 series or the narrow frame Cub Cadets. Then we have the QA36/QA42 which are Quick Attach units, however they will bolt onto the 70/100 through the 71, 1x2/3 series or Quick Attach to the 72, 1x4/5 through the 73, 1x6/7 series. Are you still with me?
dunno.gif
Next we have the QA36A and QA42A which have adjustable width subframes, and NO the A suffix does not stand for Adjustable, it's just an A. Anyway, being adjustable they will fit onto both narrow frame and wide frame Cub Cadets or stated another way they fit the 70/100 through the 800-1650. The QA36A and QA42A can be mounted onto a 82 series Cub Cadet but there are these upper links that will hit the bottom of the grill housing ~and~ the PTO pulley width is different on the 82 series Cub Cadets so you'd have to change the drive pulley on the QAxxA, sooooo, you're better off locating a QA36B or QA42B which have curved upper links that for some reason don't show up on the parts lookup as valid model numbers for some reason, most likely as they were not around very long before they were replaced by the H42 and H48 Haban built snowthrowers. There are also some two stage snowblowers for the 82 series Cub Cadets but I'm away from my documentation and I don't have much interest in them as I'm mostly interested in narrow frame Cub Cadets.
whistling.gif
not to mention I'm getting tired of typing and I don't want KENtucky to get on me for typos, grammatical and spelling errors.....
pcwhack.gif

Oh and I almost forgot, seeing as I was going mostly on memory I might have got something wrong in the above dissertation so: <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Wow, im in a good spot. Hi, to everyone yes im new on here also but i just was reading the snow throwing typing and ive been working on my 107 and was trying to find out more about my snow thrower qa42u1111. This tractor has all the stickers on it but ive been checking the q and a like it says and ended up here.

Kraig - You've got email waiting at work
biggrin.gif

Charlie - After Kraig went through all that typing you ought to put that somewhere handy ;)

I have the opportunity to pickup a 129. Most of the attachments I have (mower deck and snow plow) fit the earlier narrow frame machines. I was going to ask if these will fit the wide frame 129 but then realized why would a little thing like that stop me from getting another cub. However if any of you fine gents would like to elaborate, please feel free. Thanks, Marshall

Marshall J.
The deck MIGHT fit depending on which NF it was on with a little modification.
The blade will not as it takes a different mount than a NF.

Marshal, go for it. I have all wide frame stuff. A friend of mine found a snowthrower for a narrow frame one day, all he knew was it was from a cub cadet. He drug it home for me, now I am in the process of finding parts to build a 100. If you get the tractor first impliments will turn up after a while.

Kraig, that's great! The mystic IH snowthrower models demystified! Now, how about mower decks...
bouncy.gif

Chris C.-

Let's see if I beat Kraig or not. The 38" rectangular, timed deck with two blades was used on the '61 to '63 Original and very early 70/100. The 38" and 42" "Cast Iron end" decks with cast iron corners and three blades were used on the 70/100 and early 71,102/122/123. They'll fit all NF tractors with the right mule drive/subframe combination. Next came the 38",42", and 48" "stamped end" decks that had stamped metal ends and three blades, with the outer two being smaller than the middle blade, just like the earlier "cast end" decks. These were used on the later (I think) 71, 102/122/123 through the middle of the 86, 1x8/9 series of wideframes. The mounting was changed from "pin on" with clevis pins to the "quick attach" system starting with the 72, 1x4/5. All of the stamped end decks will work on both NF and WF tractors with the right subframe, mule drive, and attachment style combination. Next came the 44" and 50" decks, starting at the end of the 86, 1x8/9 series in 1974 or so. These are one piece stamped decks with 3 equal-sized blades. With the Quietlines came the 38A, 44A, and 50A decks with the 38A being a stamped end deck, and the other two being just like the previous 44 and 50 decks. When the 82 series came along, the designations became 38C, 44C, and 50C, with the only change being the center pulley on the deck being switched from 1/2" to 5/8". The 44/50 and A decks are interchaneable, fit all WF tractors with a 1/2" belt, and will fit a NF with a number of mods. The C decks will fit the older WF's with the proper drive pulley. I could go on into what I know about CCC decks, but this ain't the place. Hope that all helps.

brendan... that's my shop! all my tools are in there, we had 70 mph winds took the top off.glad you had a chuckle about my welder/torches/toolbox having 12 in of snow on them. i spent 8 hrs today just finding stuff. no it's not the DELUXE model BUT IT'S REPAIRED AND WHERE MY CUBBY LIVES. pardon me all and thanks all for some great information.
74908.jpg

Stephen C.
At least yours didn't end up like mine did last year.
74910.jpg

I put up one of those fancy industrial models, so it doesn't happen again.
74911.jpg

Stephen, wasn't ment to offend you ! The deluxe model comment was because YOU HAVE a roof and walls. I was just foolin around.......wanna see my shop ? Be right back !

Bren

Latest posts

Back