• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Don I agree, the amp meter is an add on.

Here a couple more pics of the nasty carb - clean carb. The Berrymans cleaner clearly stated to remove parts within 4 hours. It also clearly states to use rubber gloves for protection but I out of rubber gloves so I just left it in overnight and after going to the store Saturday I then put on gloves and took the carb parts out.

254476.jpg

254477.jpg

Just felt like posting a few pics that I found on my camera sd card and since they where of IH cub cadets I thought I would put the here

Don, I was not playing moderator...

I leave that up to

animatedihbear.gif

Keith Ostendorf

yikes.gif
You got a sharp tractor and a pretty little girl and A beautiful view.

254488.jpg

My 2 originals a 61 and a 62

254489.jpg

OK Carb guys.I flushed the carb with cleaner and installed it. 2 1/2 turns low idle and 3 1/2 turns for high idle.IT started up and will idle "BUT" same issue with revving it up. It wants to stumble and stall.If I coax it I can get it to rev up.I think it is time for a new high speed nozzle and seat.

I see Charlie sells the needle but does not sell a new seat for the high speed needle.
bash.gif

Vincent O - looks to me like that Berryman's dip is the way to go. Did you also use a "parts brush" after removing it?
Pretty decent looking 102 and 123 you picked up to. In the "snow covered before pic" of the 123 I see a can of something laying across the frame next to the pedestal. What was that?

Don T - I don't know where you get your "start settings" for the high speed and idle speed screws. You may be getting the stumble from being to rich. Did you try adjusting them - at least set them at 2 and 1/2 for Hi-speed, and 1 and 1/4 for idle.
Also, besides doing that you need to take the needle out of your 129 carb and put it in the 125 carb. If that works then you know it's the needle. And as for the seat, I believe the only place you can get one is from another carb. I don't think Kohler ever made them available (don't know why).

Well the 169 is on it's way to Iowa. Thanks to those who asked about it. The new "Project Tractor" will be a 1448.

Don,

There is a little tiny hole in the side of the high speed needle....part way up the side about 1" above the tip. It will not run right unless that hole is open. Hit the hole with a tag wire and then some spray carb cleaner and see if it will respond off idle. BTDT

Tom H - can you better define what a "1448" is. Since it has 4 digits I assume it would be a QL series tractor, but then if it's gear drive it would be a 1400. I don't understand your 48 - you getting 14hp, 4 wheel drive and 8 speeds?

Latest posts

Back