Archive through February 24, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Dustin S.-

You should have 12V at the coil anytime the ignition is on. IIRC, you said you replaced the coil and condenser, so next, run a cloth through those brand new points to clean them....new points are usually a bit oily. Have you checked the plug and plug wire?

Matt C., if you go about fixing your cub by throwing parts at it, thats your thing! You said you ended up changing everything? My 128 has the original S/G(never replaced brushes), Voltage regulator, Ignition switch, Amp meter, brake safety switch from 1971. The only part I have replaced is the starter selenoid(bought one and my auto parts store has a no electrical parts return policy). The original one is in the toolbox.I reread your post, if everything is corroded it is time to start from scratch.

Brian L., You and Bruce aren't the only ones in Maryland looking for cubs. Except, I am on the other side of the "Big Ditch"
draw.gif
fence.gif
lol.gif

Well, I told you guys about the great deal I got an a brinly plow a couple of weeks ago. It gets even better... The PO called me back and said he found some more parts. So I ended up with a cultivator for $100 and he gave me the rockshaft (lift lever part number #384655-R1). Since that doesn't fit anything I have. Nick
115245.jpg

115246.jpg

115247.jpg

I did end up changing everything, when I bought it I could tell it had sat outside for many years. So instead of dealing with one headache after another I went through the motor and all assc parts, cleaned it up cause when they say a foot of snow is coming I know it's gonna start right up. Should be worry free for a few years. All for under $200

Nick H ...

Do you have the wheels for yor cultivator?

Dustin s Here a dumb question ..is the battery new? The reason I ask is I tried to jump start my 70 with the old batt in it, no spark.I swicthed it with a good batt and it started. just my .02cents

Lewis, I'm new to the cultivator thing. Up until I read your post, I didn't think wheels went on a cultivator. LOL, Nick
beerchug.gif

Nick, check out cc specialties and click on brinly , he has a nos cultivator .

Well Lewis, I just looked at a parts diagram of the cultivator and no, I don't have the wheels. Hopefully the PO will call me back in a week and say he found some more parts like he did with the plow. Nick

Lewis, any chance you need a rockshaft for a narrow frame? Nick

Lewis, when I click on cc specialties and go to brinly, all I get is 5 pics of cultivator shovel parts and one plow part. Nick

Sorry Nick I don't need one.Thanks for asking!

Heres a photo of the 70 I just pick up.

115256.jpg

Nice roundy fenders!

Bruce C.
Thanks for the deck information and manual number. I'll probably look for the 42". I'm guessing the electric lift was taken off with the deck, and they put the manual lift on for a front blade.

Ron S.
I'm leaning to your way of thinking on the seat. I prefer most things stock. My 128 is my modifier, with the 12hp hot-rodded to about 16hp.

John L.
I could not find what you were talking about in the Vault the artwork. Do you have a date.

Aaytay
I may not get some of that other equipment posted this weekend. I'll give you notice here when I get it into the Sand Box. I forgot about doing taxes, and may see if I can get started on a bad wheel cylinder on my plow Scout. (Before snow flies) sounds funny, but East Side of the Central Rockys has been super dry this year. Farmers in the plains east of here are going to be hurting if things don't change soon.
Gary

That makes a difference. I thought I was missing something. CC doesn't have one. Thanks

Dustin S., when the points close that should ground the - side of the coil so the voltage should go to zero. If you still have voltage there, your points are not grounding the coil. As was suggested, run a piece of cloth or paper through the points. Even new points can have a film on them. Keep working on it until the voltage on the - side of the coil goes to zero. Then you should be able to just flip the points open with your finger and get a spark. Hope this helps.

Matt, Paul,
The plug in new and the wire came off a running tracotr. Ill try the cloth tom.Thanks,Dustin

I am, Flanders.... MMmmm.. donuts...
115262.jpg

Didja ever notice Homer is Cub Cadet yellow and White?

Lewis,
NICE CUB!!

Latest posts

Back