Archive through February 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
STEVE - 982's are almost 42" wide, a 42" wide blade for a WF tractor will fit a 982 but when You angle the blade it's no longer as wide as the tractor. 982's and other SGT's use a 54" wide blade.

Steve....Denns F is correct. IH introduced the 54" for the wide frames...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
115041.jpg

115042.jpg

Hmmmmmmm Plow vs. Blade. Not to start something here but, I think snowplow <u>IS</u> the correct term. I've been around for awhile and always called it a snowplow. The cutting edge might also be call a blade. A blade would be a term used for a Roadgrader as used for cutting the subgrade material. Terms might have different meaning in different geographical areas.

WEBSTER; PLOW
An implement that furrows and turns over the soil; a similar insturment as a snowplow. - 1, till with a plow. - 2, move, cleave, or push through.

Hey, I'm not right or wrong. Use the term that works for you.

Dennis F as you know i have a 42" and 54" blade here and love the 54" because when lowing snow with the 149 using the angle my wheel weights don`t drag in the snow.The big snow storm that i used the 54" plow in i had to angle it because of deep snow to help the 149 push the snow away.In deep snow on a long push the 54" would really make the 149 grunt and snort lol. No painting or Cub work for me the weekend the BOSS is got a list lol but the 129 can wait till Monday for me to get more parts ready for paint.The 129 loader will be a worker and won`t get the full restoration as to IH spec. But i do think the the Original 1961 will. Have a great Cub Day all. Later Don T
old.gif

my $60.00 54" blade i bought a few weeks ago.
115045.jpg

I think the po never used it.he used a 2 stage blower .

Tom H: Aaaaah, the English language and why it drives foreigners nuts...

Yes, Snowplows (a compound NOUN!)) have a blade on the front and plow ( Verb!) snow off the highways or runways, etc.

In agriculture, a plow (Noun!) is an implement towed by tractor to plow (Verb!) and till the soil for crop planting.

It's not terminology...it's just correct use of the English language...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I have ran across the "plow" versus "blade" terminology before. When I started to get into these little tractors with JD, they, of course, use the criteria I found here. A plow is what you pulled behind the tractor to till or turn over the soil - while a blade is what you used to move dirt or push dirt.

Then when I got into Wheel Horses, the WH crowd uses the term "plow" to mean both, but it was understood that when you said plow, you were more than likely to mean blade. Go figure.

And then there is the spelling of said implement...Plow vs. Plough. WTH! Someone get me outta' here! Just cut me loose out in the field with a plow-blade-plough. AHHHHHHH!!! :cool:

GHRIS WESTFALL- i would like to ask you,if i may, if your around this fourm....how much wear of a friction disk on narrow frame IHCC'S is tollerable? now i know that i can buy a new disk and answer the question, but that would not make sence if a guy can some how "re-furbish" the disk.i'am replacing the anti-rattle spring on my 72 cc and thought i'd desire to konw the difference. dont think i have a problem....drives strong anyway. but because of its age...maybe, i'am thinking. any how, you may know Doug Arnet of garretsville,oh. nice guy! i'am friends with his neighbour, Scott,{with the insane fast snowmobiles}! any info. when ever would be thankful.

I just read Steve B's plowing tutorial. I just love the way Steve puts things and always enjoy reading his posts like that.

I do have an observation on 23-8.50x12 ag tires.
I have a set of Firestones and a set of Carlisles. The Carlisles are the older version from before they bought Titan. IIRC they are called "power tracs" and they are a couple inches taller than the 'Stones. The 'Stones look better, but I think both are a good choice.

Hey guys, what would a bulldozer use to "move" dirt? A plow or a blade? One could have fun with this all day. I just got in from
"moving" snow from the driveway with my 149.
Have a great day, and I wish "plow" day in Iowa hurrys up and gets here. Ron

well a bulldozer would use a blade that is what I was tought in School for heavy equipment operators but alot of poeple interchange the two words a blade is used for dirt word and a plow is used for snow removal atleast that is what i was told by other people.

Thank you DFrisk. The 181 crank in the 161 motor did the trick. Once I ordered the correct rod for the 181 crank, everything went together to spec.

Hello!
I am a new member that will be acquiring a CC 127 over the next week. I'd love to pick up a compatible snow thrower unit for the 127. Does anyone know which type of snow thrower is compatible and where I might start to look for one? I am in Massachusetts. Thanks!

Todd, I am going thru my 147 and found the dimensions in the FAQ section a big help in repairing the trans shift linkage.

charles i look at the holes to make sure they are not sloppy there will be some play even with new,} and the disc itself is not cracked hope this helped chris

Latest posts

Back