Archive through February 19, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry I do see 2 advantages of the 82 series compared to my 169,

a. 1 inch spindles up front
b. 4 gallon fuel tank

Ill keep the 169

Hydro, I could be wrong but there may be a bit of sarcasm in Wyatt's post...

Jeff B

Comparing dad's 782 to his 125; It always seemed like the 782 used more gas for mowing than the 125 but didn't get the yard done any significantly more quickly. I also noticed that the 12 hp seemed to have more low end torque even though it had less overall HP.

Daniel,
happy.gif
your observations confirm what I've long proclaimed.

283897.jpg

Slant%20Tongue.gif

Had 169....kept 782 (and all of the fillings in my teeth!!!!!)

Vincent I dont have a picture, but a rubber grommet stuck in the eyelet hold, creates enough drag to keep it from moving

HARRY - Your post rebutting IH's sales promotion pamphlet just proves ONE thing. That you're used to your WF. And that's saying a LOT, since you've just started it what.... three times in the last year or two?
fence.gif

The older CC's are nice, the 70 & 72 will never leave my place, (or SON's) as long as I'm alive, but I sure wouldn't trade my 982 for a standard sized CC, WF or NF.

KRAIG - Unless you've talked to Wyatt in the last 2-3 days, which I doubt, he's not being sarcastic.

DAVE S. - The only thought I have about IH's pro-782 con-1X50 pamphlet, is that it's not good marketing to speak unkindly of other brands when you market, but evidently IH marketing thought it was O-K to blast away at Their own prior offerings. Also not good IMO.

JEFF B. - If you can mow your lawn with just the two gallons of gas a 169 holds, you need a BIGGER lawn. I use up the whole 4 gal. tank on the 982 plus a quick splash & go pit stop for another gallon or so. Varies by time of the year. The old 129 I had with the 44A deck took one half hour longer to mow my 2+ acre yard, and did it on around 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 gal. of gas. It also weighed quite a bit less, didn't have on-board hyd, smaller turf tires, less rear wheel weights, no 3-pt, remote hyd. outlets, steering brakes, elec. frt AND rear PTO. And that all takes a little HP and burns up more gas even if you don't use those features. Plus the Onan is just plain a Gas Hog! When I mow with the 72 w/K321 in it, I never use more than 3-3/4 to 4 gal with it.

Vince-
You're snow-thrower is trying to tell you that it hates you. Let it keep spinning by itself, eventually it will spin all of the way around and start shooting snow at the operator.

Kraig-
Re: "Perfection"... Read my tagline again.
noshare.gif
LOL

Latest posts

Back