• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean Corder (Scorder) I`m sure someone here will steer you to what you need to know.welcome along. Later Don T
old.gif

I have what I believe is an original 100 cub. I bought this tractor in a dire need of repair, I have started slowly reconditioning this tractor. I have what may be one of many questions. In all of my research I have not found any info that says that the 100 had an optional cigar lighter, I know that the following series had this option. I would appreciate any comments. Thank you all for any and all info provided now and at previous times. as soon I figure out how to post pictures on this sight I will.

Sean,

Heres a 72 with a home made laoder on it getting a good work out.
114689.jpg

114690.jpg

114691.jpg

The same 72 a year earlyer out plowing,
114692.jpg

Larry E: My 4 Jan 1968 Cub Cadet Accessories Parts/Price List, P/L #47-68, shows the 393 690 R91 Cigarette Lighter was available for installation beginning with the Model 71 (electric start). No Cigarette Lighter listing for the Original, Model 70 or Model 100, though many other accessories are listed for them

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Larry E. look up top in the FAQ's about picture posting. Some of the numbered boxes in there are 'clickable' and show images of how to do it.

As you can see Sean that 72 is as good as any you can find. And like someone said "Keeps it out of the landfill". they only made so many of these and when they are gone, they are GONE!
You can even use a brother as weight in the rear end, -- Lonnie, nice pics

My wheel weights are not 75#ers. I found this picture of a tractor that Charlie posted last summer. This looks like my wheel weights. I would guess they weight about 50#. These weights are not on Charlies CubFAQ Wheel Weight Web Page.

114695.jpg

Are they IH or Cub Cadet wheel weights? It doesn't really matter. The most important things are: they mount up, and they are heavy.
lol.gif

Made good progress today. The new parts came in today and ran into a snag with the new deck wheels. These wheels are the ones that are heavy duty and "should be the last ones you'll ever buy". They do look great, but the are to big. The smaller older wheel just clears the rear of the deck. I check the original rusted out deck and I did put the hole in the right spot. I haven't decided if I am going to make new longer arms or recondition the older wheels. I am leaning toward reconditioning.

114701.jpg

114702.jpg

114703.jpg

114704.jpg

Brennan,
Your tractor looks great. Excellent job.

BRENNAN H.- SUPER!!!!!!!! the old wheels look good,so i'd just paint them and use the glove that fits!

BRENNAN -
greenthumb.gif

LARRY - It's not hard to put a cigar lighter on a 70/100. IH just didn't punch the hole in the steering pedistal on CCO's, 70/100. When they started punching the holes then they had to plug them unless the lighter was ordered.

KEN F. - Those weights aren't CC/IH weights, I've seen them before but can't remember on what brand of tractor, Maybe a Sears or Monkey-Wards?? Not sure. But "Weight is Weight" I have six pair of weights, like to get more, and only three pair are IH. When it comes to CC wheel weights I'm pretty "Color-blind"

Dennis F,

Thanks for the comments on installing the weights and chains. I agree - the weights fit and they are heavy, nothing else is that important to me.
bouncy.gif

The seller said that he was the 2nd owner and that the original owner was a wealthy individual who sold him his 1000 with all his accessories. The parts I bought were the IH Front Push Blade; Chains that still had the original canvas bag with IH part numbers; and these weights with IH stamped mounting bolts.

So, I thought they probably came from the IH dealer. But I could not find them in the parts lookup. The only ones I found were 26# and 75#.

Today, I will have to mount up all of this stuff, even though there is no snow in the forecast. Oh well, it will be good for all of my neighbors to know that Winter is Over!
clappy.gif

I am impressed you have done a great job on the original cub. I just got finished my 125 and know how much work and $$ it takes to make them look like that.
thumbsup_old.gif

Speaking of lighters, did the 125 come with one. The hole is there but haven't seen that option any where. If so how do I get one. My case dealer said they cant get it. They order through MTD. Would it have the IH symbol on the head.

Brennen, Nice CCO!was it a runner when you started? Looks like you aaare very close to running it.

Brennen, Nice CCO!was it a runner when you started? Looks like you are very close to running it.

Brennen,
Excellent Job!!

Hmm. so that's what grass looks like.....

Signed,
Snowbound..

Latest posts

Back