• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 08, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
It's been a few years, so here goes!
biggrin.gif

293971.jpg

After facelift,
293972.jpg

Yeah Dave,
I converted my 108, was totally worth it.
The bigger bearing last 5x the 3/4" ones.

Awesome Charlie! Will they be available for both 3/4" and 1" spindles?

Where do you get all this stuff made? Do you have a go-to machine shop that will modify exsisting stuff for you?

Nic B.
You know one of those really really colorful boxes at the top of every page.
I'll give ya 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.
beerchug.gif

That Aaron, is there anything he can't build?

Thanks Charlie, for keeping our beloved cubbies running and relevant to our little lives.

Charlie,

Tapered roller or heavy ball bearings?

David S., here are some photos of K-301 heads and heat shields.

293987.jpg

First up is the used once or 3 times 125 that Charlie posted photos of the other day.

293988.jpg

Next we have a 125 that was used VERY hard, which is my #2 125 when it had an early style replacement engine in it that the PO had installed. This one still has the old original style head.

293989.jpg

Last is my #1 125 with the replacement K-301 that my father had installed back in the mid 1980's. This is the style head shroud and heat shield that is stock for the relocated spark plug style head.

Steve,

They are the HD roller bearings as the original rims use. The object is that a guy can use the bolt on rims instead of the traditional rims. This opens up a lot more in the aftermarket rim world.

The 1" bearing rims are getting hard to find in good shape.

We are doing heavy duty spindles and a 3" drop spindle. I have one done for the super garden tractors.

Thanks Aaron!

So it looks like if I want tapered rollers on my SGT loader I'm still looking at modifying a set of 2000# trailer hubs.......

What are the bearings you are using rated at, do you know?

My Loader is working over the stock bearings pretty hard, it won;t be long before I'll have to deal with replacements.....

BTW, Mean looking 782D......getting real close to the 5488 FWA look!!!

Steve,

Yes for a loader you will want to go to the 2000# hubs and spindles. Shock loads are just too great for these smaller bearings. I am looking at 1" tapered bearing hubs to fit the stock spindles, but the stock spindles bend easy.

Aaron,

I was planning on welding in a gusset on the SGT spindle to help with the bending. I had mocked up a set of spindles once using a 3pt hitch bushing as a spacer and inner lip seal sealing surface with a stud in place of the bolt on the spindle and hardned washer/castle nut on the stud to preload the bearings. I will need to revisit that this summer.

I can get a 1" roller bearing - double sealed, with lip, to fit my hubs that has a dynamic load of 2970 lbs. but they are $30 per bearing!

There are options with out lips to keep the bearing from working into the hub but that would require a inner spacer to keep the bearing in place.

Those are great looking hub assemblies. A great upgrade to the stock setup. I'll have to say though that my mowing tractors (especially the wife's 149) eat more front wheel bearings than my loader. The 106/loader has had the same 1" front bearings since I converted to the 82 axle series so many years ago I can't remember how long.

I've got a new video of the grand kids using the 123. I'm teaching Jayden about BRS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akMEqPx7-Js

Latest posts

Back