• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry H:

Thanks. But it is the same power point connection.
The (+) of the Ign Coil and the IGN terminal of the Key Switch, is the same wire, just different ends.

Roland, Thanks for the wiring guidance!
thumbsup.gif

Jerry, Thanks for the wire attachment location tip!
thumbsup.gif

Stay warm & carry on, Gentlemen! (Ah, Maybel, Hows 'bout another round over here?)
beer2.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ken M, That snow blade is way too nice to be out there in the cold! You had better trade me for one that is seasoned.

Yeah jerry, i might have to trade him too. I got my first scratches the other night lol
roflol.gif

50998.jpg

50999.jpg

a BALMY 8* below over here right now Charlie, think the cubs might be having a heat stroke soon!! LOL

Bob F. Skids or no skids? Just do like someone did to my Bolens blade and put wheels on the blade. The skids are for backup since they are just behind the blade.
51010.jpg

It worked fairly well after the Sunday snowstorm. It's hard to ever get pics of my snow removal. With Angel's frail back if she were to slip on any ice she could end up paralyzed or worse. And once I am on a tractor I don't like to stop for picture taking. Angel says that I don't always take good pics.
happy.gif

Charlie P. I think that I'll ask the local implement dealer if I can let the 782D spend a night or two in his shop when it gets here. If it won't start with summer diesel and BioWillie in it while it is out east then it sure won't start with a -26 wind chill here. Then I'll try some Lucas product from the Ames truckstop.

Hello everyone,

Trying to upload my first cub pics. Hope this goes well.

51013.jpg

As you can see my daughter knows what tractor is #1

Brian B. I think that your daughter is telling you that it is HER first Cub Cadet.
biggrin.gif
Nice find.

Just checked Channel 8's website. Des Moines is a HOT 1 degree above.

Roger,
I have found that 2nd gear is usually best for plowing snow, though it depends on the situation. The limiting factor is usually traction, not engine power, so unless you are plowing heavy snow uphill, you might as well get more done. The extra speed is useful in helping to bust drifts and berms left by road crews at the end of the drive as well. 3rd gear is sometimes employed for "Ramming Speed" and on light snow with a smooth road, but if you start hitting hard obstructions in 3rd, both you and the Cub will end up bruised by the end of the day.

Ready to go, but hardly any snow. I did play around with the 129 on the half-inch we got yesterday, and tightened up a few things that shook loose.
coffee.gif

51024.jpg

Well, I finally got to use a snow blade on my 106 for the first time today. My son-in-law had been plowing our driveway with his ATV/snowblade. We had a couple of inches of drifting snow last night, so I was able to clean out the driveway quite nicely. One thing I noticed was that the front tires skidded quite a bit on the hard-packed ice/snow underneath last night's snowfall. Most of the tread is gone from my front tires which doesn't help, but has anyone ever tried chains on the front tires? Thanks to all who gave me pointers on the art of pushing snow.
51028.jpg

Roger,

If you have the type of tires that my 122 has it's no suprise. Those wide, multi-rib, golf cart syle tires are fine for dry grass but they just aren't worth a darn for snow plown', wet lawns or any other sort of adverse condition that you might want to run your cub in. I'm seriously considering getting another set of rims and putting tri-rib tires on.
wink.gif

Sorry, spelling 101

Pops: Nope , but happy birthday. I'm right behind you ( 4 years ).

Anyone else- the significance of this coming thursday , Feb 8.

Tom B: thanks for askin, I have a piano hinge that is 25" long (length of actual hood w/out nose piece) and am going to cut the hood right down the middle (where the peak is...) and then am going to spot weld the hinge in place to the two halves of the hood. I will hold it down with a latching eye hook (or some other ingenius idea...ahem guys...
thumbsup.gif
) and the side where my muffler comes through will stay stationary... when the other half of my hood is open, it will rest up against the muffler. Then I am going to run two support braces one on each side from the light besel, to the dash mount plate or some where in that area. need some more thinkin time... I did however manage to get the muffler through the hood though, here is what I have so far...
51040.jpg

51041.jpg

51042.jpg

51043.jpg

AND I finally got my 3pt hitch complete
51044.jpg

Back