• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klorenz

displayname
Kirk Lorenz
Kraig,
The pic of the lady mowing with the 125, I see alot of grass flying out the discharge chute, but no belt on the mule drive pulley.
dunno.gif

Vern B.
Since you won't reply to my emails to you!

WHAT'S up with the all CAPS when you post?

Handicapped, half blind or stiff fingers?

Charlie- shouldn't ya be out playing with your cubs in that last little snow squal that we got over nite??? I had to get the wife out to help me make some more emergency repairs to my fleet
rant.gif
it is getting old having to repair every time I go out to move snow!!!!

Jerry B., sorry about the dialup slow down, sometimes I get a little carried away.
bubbly.gif

KENtucky, I think everyone knows that I really, really like the 125.
buttrock.gif

Kendell, awesome job on that chute rotator! Hmmm, I think everyone stores the belt around the discharge chute during the summer, I know that I do.
happy.gif

Vern, that makes sense to me, a JD70, an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>70, a JD100 and an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>100.
happy.gif

Kirk, these old brochures are full of magic grass cutting, sure wish I could get my 125 to cut that good without a belt.
dunno.gif
whistling.gif

Hugh - Vern has a green one looking for a new home.

Craig - they bring so much because guys like you horde them! I'm still waiting for me FIRST red one!

Mike F., Terry, ain't that the truth! Expanding on what Mike wrote, perhaps it should be called PITATA/QD (Pain In The A$$ To Attach/Quick Detach)...........

Do like Charlie buy one for every season and not have to change equipment ;)
Really I think he's just lazy ...

Ken: Shoot, I've had mine since 1989, I think. I need another tractor and figured since I understand the 782's pretty well, I'd just buy another one. Not gonna happen at today's prices. What mystifies me is who can afford $2200 for one.

Craig, price out a brand new "equivalent" Cub Cadet sometime, then ask yourself that same question........

Ken- Greenies aren't allowed in my garge!!! They would go right to the boneyard and put funding in the cool tool fund!!

Hugh
Cheer up! That's the stuff that keeps this forum so entertaining for us Lurkers. That and the MAGIC Hytran that absorbs water. Except for the guy that puts it on his trailer to repell water. That's very entertaining! Hope he doesn't slip and hurt himself. JH

Hey Digger! My new Firestone 16x6.5x8 tri-ribs arrived.
50880.jpg

Here I'm stretching out a pair with some 6" pieces of 2x6s so they will be easier to mount when I get the rims ready.

Se you all at Plow Day 13! Thanks Charlie & Travis!

Ok I just love to read all the post and see all the neat pictures. Especially those old timey brochures, especially knowing that I was growing up and buying them back then. Jeesh I am getting old!

782's I bought mine in 1987 used but taken care of very good paid $2,400.00 for it. In 1998 sold it for $2,200.00 to buy my 1863 now that you guys having been talking about those "red" ones I feel sad and will go back to my little corner with dampness in my eyes!

Would I pay top price for another one? %$#$%!#. Yes if it was the right one for me.

Pops

Kraig: Yeah, I know they're expensive and not as robust, either. I'm just complaining about it. As an old friend of mine used to say "I just want something I don't want to afford."

On the subject of getting tires ready to mount. If they are cured in the mold at 400 degrees, couldn't you warm them in the wife's oven at 200 to make them easier to mount? Could even leave the door cracked a bit to keep the temp down to 150 or so...

Ken: Yeah - I know what you mean. She came home one day and I had the transmission cases and jugs from a 1965 BSA Lightning Rocket in the dishwasher cleaning off the crud (worked great, BTW). Boy, was she annoyed.

... and his wife can't figure out why her cake didn't win a blue ribbon at the county fair.
Yep I've had a lot of stuff in the oven before, wish I'd kept the old electric one I had 'cause this gas one is iffy with some stuff!

Ken: Yeah - I know what you mean. She came home one day and I had the transmission cases and jugs from a 1965 BSA Lightning Rocket in the dishwasher cleaning off the crud (worked great, BTW). Boy, was she annoyed.

Digger are you out playin in da snow ?

Craig's doing double takes ... must be a reaction to the rolling pin bumps!

The dishwasher works great for cleaning engine parts and wire wheels, etc. I won't say how I know that@!

happy.gif

Back