• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekincaid

displayname
Ethan Kincaid
Mike-easy in the hydros LOL.my 125 cranked slow but fired off so did my 1450

I’ve been keeping battery tenders on my cubs so at least the battery will crank strong,that just has to overcome cold engines LOL

318886.jpg

Picture of 60 taken at Red Power Roundup last June.

So, this year is almost gone thankfully. Been working way too much since October. However the 1200 has served faithfully at mowing and the 100 did not let me down in early December when I finally replaced the fuel bowl, popped a battery in it and filled with gas. Vroom! Right away! Love that little guy, few months ago I also picked up a grenaded 125, rest of tractor is really nice and the frame and misc engine parts of a 1000. Yes I know pics are required, especially of the 125, but will have to wait. Out in my buddy's barn right now, 30 miles away. Dad's 1450 has been just fine since the axle swap and a couple adjustments. Got his blade on before first snow this year even!

Paul,

Thanks for the pics!
Real nice 60's.
One of those seem to be all original (untouched/refurbed). Must have been kept in a shed/barn.

Charlie must have traveled close to NC lately. He brought some of that cold air down with him.
err.gif

Today's high was 27, and it was 14 this morning. That is cold for NC, isn't it Wayne?!
lol.gif

Too cold to paint this weekend, so I figured I would cook/boil my deer head on the wood stove. At least I am getting something done.

How do hydros perform when it is cold? In other words, does the cold affect the flow of the fluid?
Has anyone ever had their hydro to freeze up?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Mike Frade,

It's not because your 169 is a hydrostatic that kept it from cranking, it's because it is a wide frame!
roflol.gif

(Just kidding.)

Good thing 2017 is about over or I'd have to buy a batch of these, LOL
1" Bearing W/ Eccentric Locking Collar

Marty - I never used an IR gun to measure, but the HyTran warms up pretty quick. The first few feet on a very cold day always seemed a little sluggish on my 129, but no more than that. I used my 129 for wood hauling out of the neighbor's woods all winter long (see my sig pic) and never had an issue. I really liked it when using the QA42, as it was a lot easier matching the speed to the depth of snow. I also liked the ease of forward/reverse shuttling when pushing snow with a blade, versus shifting a gear box. JMHO..

BTW - these days? the 129 slumbers 'till I snowbird back to the mitten..

Hydros......

Just started my 2072 and plowed snow about an hour ago....7 deg F.

Just keep the batteries charged (Battery Tender Jr.) and use the old 1/2 throttle, full choke method and they start fine.

Pull them out of the shed and let them run for 2-3 min. to get everything moving and warm the hyd. oil a bit, then go to work!

I usually keep the rpms to 2000 or less for the first 5 min or so and take it easy before winding her up and loading it heavy.......gotta do your warm up exercises first you know!!!!

Dad's 684 (65hp 4 cylinder direct inject diesel) started right up with the block heater plugged in for about 2 hours (only 300W heater) and the over fuel on the pump set......cold moving snow with no cab though!!!! and time consuming with the loader only.....blade isn't on yet.....

Paul
Love the 60 cadet pictures
My first cub that I operated
I have one spotted. Just haven’t pulled the trigger to buy it

Trying to stay up for the new year, but don't know if I can stay awake...only 6 more minutes (EST).
Guess I could go put some more wood in the stove.

Wouldn't it be neat to be riding on a cub when the new year comes in!
Not this time. The wind chill is around 5 degrees here!
lol.gif

Charlie,

How often do you have to load your new boiler? It's so big, I call it a boiler instead of a stove. LOL
happy.gif

Hi...my name is Kirk and I am a Cub freak.

An addiction I am glad to have!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

The Achilles heel of the model 60 is the camshaft driven reverse and the 2 pedals........many have broken cams and were parked for that reason.

Back