• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 30, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis-

One other thing worth mentioning about torque wrenches is to set them back to zero between uses. It says this in the instructions of most I've seen and makes sense. I use a 3/8" beam for the small stuff (inch/lbs) and 1/2" clicker for most other things. I agree with you about NOT loosening or using the wrench for anything other than the torque you need too.

WAYNE - Yes, The little booklet with the Digi-tork says your supposed to back them off to "STOP" or whatever when done using them.
Another interesting thing, a Craftsman torque wrench isn't like other Craftsman tools, no life time warranty, think it's just a year.
I got burned at a Sears store MANY yrs ago by buying a pair of SEARS pliers, they also were not life-time warranty. Only Craftsman.

Rodney,
I sent the pics to Charlie for you. I'm not near a PC or I would have done it for you.
Later,
Keith

Heres some pictures to get us back on topic for this page take your pick on what to talk about LOL

218846.jpg

218847.jpg

this one is my winter snow plow

218848.jpg

Heres some pictures to get us back on topic for this page take your pick on what to talk about LOL.. HMMmm, Jeff Baker. No Narrow Frames? rofl

Mike I would talk about NFs but I don't know much about them. but I am willing to learn if you want to send one my way.
Wide frames are my preference and, No perfection pictures needed here Kraig LOL

Vincent T.-

This is what a 364 looks like (without the drive pulley assembly and chute). I guess they came in yellow, white, or black. It weighs 300 lbs and takes 2 people to move; 3 would probably be safer. Makes a QA-42A look like a joke
happy.gif

218850.jpg

And a big THANK YOU to Jeff Baker for helping me get ahold of this thing.
thumbsup.gif

Jeff-

I see the two spacers but where did all of those shims come from? Were they there when you removed these gears? I've never seen that many. We ought to send all grenade gears to a common location (send them to Charlie?) to see how many can accumulate or find some use for them other than paper weights.

Yes Wayne I also thought it was more shims than I found on my other k301. I wonder if they put a different amount in on each engine depending on the gap to close?
I put the first set of gears on our desk at work and everyone asked What are those and why did I take them out.

Charlie,
Here goes!The '62'O serial# 38617 that I bought
and haven't picked up yet.What ya'll think?
218861.jpg

lol.gif

MELODY,
It's already getting made fun of and I don't even have it home yet. My other CC'S might laugh it out of the shop.LOL
I'm thinking thats the lower part of a cab.It had a BB36 with it that I already sold off.
Ideas anyone?
ROD

Rodney, nice, very nice! You are correct, that is the base for a cab. Here are photos of an Original that forum member Rich Julian had for a brief time that had the same cab.

218863.jpg

218864.jpg

218865.jpg

218866.jpg

218867.jpg

218868.jpg

218869.jpg

Rodney, all, in case you were wondering, that is a SIMS brand cab.

218875.jpg

218876.jpg

old.gif

I plan on taking those items off.
I want to add lights and sleeve hitch. I like the looks of those little beady eyes [lights]on
the front of an 'O'.ROD

From the archives:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Jeff Murdock (Jmurdock) on Thursday, December 23, 1999 - 07:51 pm:

Ken, thanks for your VERY EXPLICIT directions re/photo posting. I am now very sure that my browser won't support these posts,sob sob. I have a snap of an Original that my granddad had back in '63 (or thereabouts) with blower, cab, and duals, and of course I'd love to show off my 108 that I just finished.

Merry Christmas to all! <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Jeff Murdock (Jmurdock) on Saturday, December 25, 1999 - 08:08 pm:

The pic that Ken posted for me is an Original that my grandfather had (I've discussed this in previous attempted photo posts) which as you can see was equipped for dual wheels. It wouldn't fit through the twin doors in the background when the duals were on He had it three years, traded it for a 10 hp, and in 1970 traded that for a 127 which I had up until last year, until I foolishly sold it--along with MANY attachments. I now have a 108, which I've just finished up.

Thanks again, Ken.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Ken Weaver__KENtuckyKEN_122/127/129/LOOKING (Kweaver) on Saturday, December 25, 1999 - 07:42 pm:

Jeff Murdock's pic<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

218881.jpg

Back