• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Any said!
"and got to sit on his lap"
worthless.gif

I got a lot of seat time pushing snow, heres a teaser picture

265841.jpg

And was almost done when the set screws loosend up and this thru its belt

265842.jpg

Finished the little that was left with a 109 that my daughter helped me swap the blade to

265843.jpg

Lots more pics in the sandbox a curtorsy for our dial-up guys.

LMAO @ Charlie....I will have to get the pics from a friend of mine,my phone was dead.

Jeff,im so jealous with all that snow there
sad.gif
We dont seem to get the snows we used to get here. My cub is begging to go throw some snow but every day I open the garage door theres no snow.

Gosh, its hard to keep up with this site, can't reply to or quote a message. I can't check it everyday. Anyway, Kraig, the tractor has no linkage to the clutch and the clutch has some how been locked up on the 125. The pump seems to run but I can actually push back against the hydraulic cylinder when I actuate the valve so that seems to indicate its not making good pressure. Anything to check? Can seals be had for the auxilary pumps? Easy to rebuild? Things to check for?

And to the crack about a JD blower on the 125, well, we live in Arizona so while original snow blowers seem plentiful in the midwest and back east, not so much here. But yes, up North, we do get snow! The JD blower is 38" and was like new and pretty cheap. THe 125 belongs to my father in law who hopes to use it before he gets much snow. I just need to resolve the pump pressure issue. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!
Marty

Jeff,
We only got a inch or so here (+/-50 miles east of you).

Tom, if you feel cheated you can bring your rigs up here in Beloit and finish my driveway. Skid shoes on thrower are set at 1" to avoid chucking gravel so that 1" still covers the whole area. It will keep you busy for a couple hours plus your travel time.

There is NO WAY that I'm going out and move snow today. It is -13* out right now. Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer. I've lots of snow to move only not at these temps. We'll let the kitties go on the three season porch and they do a 360 in about two seconds.

Amy K. That would be a really cool picture of Santa on a 100. Years ago I tried talking my (then) brother-in-law into making a plywood cutout of Santa on a Cub Cadet. My (then) wife didn't want to draw a full size pattern on the plywood and they thought Santa on a yellow and white tractor would look foolish. So if your friend can share that picture that would be fantastic!!!
happy.gif

Marlin,

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Although we all love our Cubs and what we can do with them, there is a limit to what we have to endure to enjoy them. Last week, I had my Cadet 268 walk-behind running at about 11 degrees below zero. When I was done, my hands were beyond cold. Here on the prairie, we need to consider wind chill, more than the cold.

We just broke zero after about three days of below zero temperatures. Now the wind has come with a vengeance, and it feels colder than it did all week. At some point, we all need to do the work.

For those who use their Cubs in the winter, I wish there was a repo IH Windbreaker kit available. You all deserve to have one.

TOM H. = When you get done at Wes's, come on up Nort! I have about an inch you can play with left after I cleaner up the 4-5 inches Gemini left by Sunday afternoon. Got another inch late Sunday nite/Monday AM, but it can stay until Wednesday afternoon when we get 2-3 more inches and temps get up to the mid-20's.

Paul R. probably has some more you can play with too, he's only 18-20 miles east and a little north of me. His old co-workers didn't put up ANY snow fence along our road this year. I've got a 2-3 foot tall windrow in frt of my mailbox I have to move for the mail man when I move snow tomorrow. Hopefully traffic will be light. People don't seem to notice things like 7000 pound tractors w/loaders all lit up moving snow on the road like they did years ago.

Marty, I was kind of hoping you would list by item number which of the linkage parts are missing... Sooo, I'm guessing you're missing all of the linkage parts which are items #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 16 and 21, yes/no?
dunno.gif

265886.jpg

Item #7 is a hose clamp, #16 is the wear button. The hose clamp is readily available from a hardware store, the wear button is available from some of the forum sponsors. I might have all or most of the other parts in my stash of spares. Some of them are still on my parts tractors which are presently under tarps buried under about a foot of snow. Parts 4, 5 and 6 will be the hardest to remove, as the bolt that holds them on are in my experience typically rusted tight.

Merry Christmas to all

And I hope the big guy bring you some yeller Cub stuf.

beerchug.gif

Kraig M. Marty and you need to get that Strong Arm spray for rust removal and that rusty bolt will come loose in no time. That is unless there was some paint inside the threads when the bolt was installed and the paint wasn't quite dry yet. It's when I encounter that paint as a thread locker is when I have to get the Mapp gas torch out.
happy.gif

Brian W. Well spoken about the cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be around 32*. Tonight we can expect another inch or so. My bare hands just don't seem to like getting gas on them when I have to remove a gas tank like I will on Fancy's 1650. Angel and I know it is cold when Fancy doesn't object to wearing his kitty Carhart outfit. Of course I still have to carry him so his feet don't get cold.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the Cub guys hoping to be on Santa's "nice" list! Merry Christmas to the rest of you too!!!
happy.gif

We had another four inches of snow yesterday with plummeting temps overnight and so I repaired my electrical issue on my winch lift on the 682 Cubbie and did most of my drive last night. I would much rather clear snow in 20 degree temps than near or below zero temps for sure! However, I saved a couple of areas to do with the 100 for this morning. Even though it was only about 5 degrees out the 100 started up and I had some fun blowing snow. I'll put one pic here and the others on Jeff's snow thread!

265895.jpg

My son took some videos of clearing this snow that turned out really well. If I get a chance, I'll post them to my Youtube account and put a link on here for those interested.

May God Bless you and your families on this most special holiday!

Sometimes the best gifts at Christmas are the ones that you come by unexpectedly. I’ve been scanning a couple thousand of my mom and dad’s old slides, off and on, for the past year. The other day this one showed up! That’s my dad , Paul Sr., with his grandson (my nephew), Kevin, taken in the spring of 1967. The 70 was purchased new in 1963. The only options were electric start and a rear PTO. It was purchased with the 38-inch "timed" deck.

Merry Christmas to all !!!!!!

265908.jpg

Paul, that is super neat! It's possible that this #26 made cub 70 I have may be that cub, if someone removed the pto? We can put one back in there!
err.gif

Back